THIRTY TWO

Day 30 - mental therapy institution

Kylie's POV

I laid on my back with my eyes wide open for the fifth night in a row trying to process all of the details Carrie had given to me.

It had been almost a week since she came and gave me the paperwork, the proof, call logs and even text messages between them clarified everything for me.

My mom was truly a vindictive bitch and I wish I had saw it sooner. She had this planned from jump when all I ever done was be the best I could for her.

Due to regret, Carrie sent the files to AJ for them to help, I was just waiting on her to get back to me and try to work everything out. Prom was literally tomorrow, and I had no hope what so ever I was going to make it.

In all this short time I had found out a lifetime full of secrets with my mother, and what she had lied to me about. Including my father. I wasn't mad at him, I should have never been mad at him. It was never him neglecting me, it was her keeping him from me.

When Carrie dropped the bomb on me she had proof, meetings, recorded conversations and everything. She did some digging of her own, realizing there was much more to her that we both had no idea about.

For starters my mother was never a prostitute like she said. She was the leader of it. She set those women up, creating her own business and ended up meeting my father that way. I didn't even need her to clarify this, I was smart enough to know to put the pieces together.

Two, her real name isn't even Marie Nicole Adams, it was Whitney Peterson. Her identity and everything was destroyed, like she never existed. And she went on with life like nothing ever happened, having two kids and putting us in danger when she didn't even know it.

At this point I had no more sympathy, I had no more hope that my mom was gonna change, she's just flat out a liar. I couldn't do this anymore, I wanted her in jail more than anything.

I wanted to start over. With Kyla and my father like an actual happy family without her trying to ruin it. I wanted to finish high school and not try to kill myself again. I just wanted to be Kylie the way that I knew how.

"How long have you been up?" Renee's voice startled me. I looked over at her and blinked, my eyes burning.

"All night, Ren." I sighed as she climbed out of her bed and over to mine.

"You've been doing this for almost a week Ky.Talk to me." She laid down next to me, and on my shoulder.

"I can't right now, just- not until I can fully grasp this myself."

"Just know I'm here to talk." She continued to lay on me.

"You can stop if you want now."

"No you're really warm." She yawned as her eyes shut. I wish mine would do the same.