Chapter 9: Curiosity

Pacifica had just gotten off the phone with Dipper. Her and Trey were at the park.
"Good news, he'll be able to come" She said to Trey who was also on his phone.
"That's great. Ever since the summer began, he locked himself out you know." He said.
"Yeah I... I guess he has a lot of college stuff going on, such a dork. Ha ha." Pacifica lied.
She knew that she needed to keep the incident regarding Mabel a secret, but knowing Trey, he was going to pock and prod until the truth came out. She didn't know how to keep this from Dippers best friend.
"Pacifica what's really going on?" He asked and gave her an eyebrow.
"Ha?" Pacifica acted like she didn't know anything.
"It's obvious something bigger is going on here. Are you two having a fight or something?" He said.
"I...I don't know what you're talking about." Pacifica stalled.
"Listen I know my best friend. Whatever it is, I don't think I need to be protected from it. Now can you please tell me what's going on?" He pushed on.
"I cant!"
"What do you mean, Pacifica."
"It's just to big, even I don't fully understand what's going on and I was in the middle of it!" She said.
"In the middle of what, think about Dipper what would he want?" The fire heated on.
"MABEL WAS KIDNAPPED AND IT'S ALL MY FAULT." Pacifica broke down. She fell onto Treys shoulder and started to sob. Trey patted her head gently.
"What, kidnapped. How? Trey pleaded.
Pacifica still crying tried to get the word out of her mouth.
"It was m-my fault. I couldnt stop him! I couldn't, I couldn't."
"Stop who?" Trey asked.
"Bill! A being of all power. He took control of me. Do you know what it's like watching yourself lie, cheat, and hurt the people you love without being able to stop yourself." She rambled.
"Pacifica calm down, the pressures gone to your head. Listen to yourself!" Trey shook Pacifica who was half dozed.
"I-i-your right," She held her forehead with tears still streaming down her face. "I don't know what came over me. I'm sorry.
"Come on, best we get to the movies so we can talk this out with Dipper." Trey started to get into his car. He turned the key, starting the motor.
"No! Wait!" Pacifica yelled.
"Why?"
"I know this is so much to take in but, I wasn't supposed to tell you anything." Pacifica said.
"Why?" Trey continued.
"I cant tell you." Pacifica looked away.
Trey started to walk away, he stopped. His forehead fell for the palm of his hand.
"Pacifica, you better be right!" Trey murmured out of his mouth. Pacifica glowed up.
"Thanks!..."
"For now!" Trey confirmed.
"Yeah, okay." Pacificas face dimmed but regained confidence as they headed to meet Dipper at the theater.