Chapter 24: Stressful Waiting

"So Mr. Pines can you tell me again what happened."
Ford, Trey, and Pacifica were in the waiting room of the Gravity Falls Hospital. A man wearing a suit, tie, and sunglasses was investigating the group to file a police report.
"Well Dipper was attacked by an armed robber and when he tried to fight back but was shot." Ford lied.
"Did you see who perpetrated this? Can you describe what he looked like?"
"No. I was suppose to meet him in the park but found him like that. He told me what happened before passing out." Trey said, trying not to look at the man.
The investigator put his pen and notebook in the breast pocket of his jacket.
"Okay Mr. Stanford. I think I have enough information to file the report. Thank you all for your time." The investigator left the scene.
Trey was sitting on the bench comforting Pacifica with tissues wiping tears from her eyes.
A man wearing a medical apron came to the waiting area.
"Can I talk to the group in relation to... Pines, Dipper Pines." He asked.
"Here, why don't you two go. I need to dissemble the... you know what." Ford said before quickly leaving.
Trey and Pacifica walked toward the doctor who led them to the room where Dipper was being operated on. The far half of the room was blocked off by a curtain, so they couldn't see Dipper when they arrived. The doctor stopped them in the front half of the room before speaking in a soft whisper.
"Mr. Pines is internally bleeding. We ...uh ...we can't stop it." The doctor stumbled. Pacifica couldn't breathe, inhaling in rapid bursts as her already irritated eyes lids began to dampen.
"Sir, what are you saying?" Trey asked.
"Dipper... he..."
Pacifica ran and grabbed the doctors collar.
"Please, please, help him! I'll pay anything! Just please...." Pacifica cried onto the man's surgeon uniform. Trey drew her back from the doctor.
"I'm not saying he's going to die. We're doing all we can. If his body can repair itself then we should be able to operate." Pacifica calmed down.
A female nurse walked out from behind the certain and whispered into the doctors ear.
"Ah yes. Mr. Pines is awake if you would like to see him."