Chapter 18

Chapter 18

Chase smiled down at me, his eyes held nothing but love and admiration. I on the other hand felt guilt, I tried to swallow a dry lump that I felt in my throat.

We were currently sitting on the couch; Chase had an arm wrapped around my shoulders. And across the room Nelson stood staring, no better yet glaring at me. His eyes in tight slits.

"I got to use the bathroom." I looked at Chase.

"Uuhh, yeah go upstairs and it's the first door to your left, use the one in the master bedroom."

Before I got up Chase grabbed my hand and kissed the top of it, "don't take too long."

I smiled at him, and I made my way up the stairs.

I walked into the bedroom; the room looked beautiful. Everything was an ivory color making the room look even more elegant. I tried not to linger not wanting to invade someone's private space. I made my way to the bathroom and did my business and washed my hands.

As soon as I walked out, I noticed Nelson standing right outside the bathroom door with his arms crossed over his chest. One shoulder leaning against the wall.

"Explain."

His simple words made my heart start to beat at an unsteady pace.

"What you saw between Damien, and I wasn't........ Chase and I are. I don't know."

I had finally broken down. Not having the energy. I slumped down on an armchair that was placed in the corner of the room, with another identical chair placed next to it.

Nelson rubbed the bridge of his nose as he let out a sigh.

"You know we were all best friends before, Chase Damien and me. They haven't changed one bit. Still fighting over the same toy."

His soft words confused me. I had surely thought that he would call me a whore, a slut a two-time tramp. But no, he had a back story to Chase and Damien.

"I don't know what to do." I whispered. "Chase is amazing, he is my first boyfriend. But Damien, he makes me feel different, like I can truly be myself in from of him."

"That's the thing, those 2 have always had the same taste. They have always wanted what the other has had. It's been like that for as long as I can remember."

"You won't say anything?" I gave him hopeful eyes.

"No, I won't but you have to make up your mind. If Chase finds out, he will kill Damien and I personally am not ready to lose one of my best friends."

"Thank you." I smiled at him. In the spur of the moment or me just being overwhelmed by the fact that he seemed to understand my current situation I gave him a hug and he wrapped his arms around me.

"What happened between them?" I asked as I still held him.

Before he had a chance to answer the door opened revealing Chase with a confused look on his face. As he eyed Nelson and me.

"What's going on here?"

Nelson and I quickly pulled away. We both stood awkward in front of Chase. How was I going to explain to him why I was hugging his friend, someone that I barely knew?

I bit my bottom lip not knowing what to say.

"She was just telling me how much she loved you and how it would devastate her if anything ever happened to you, I told her how I wished one day I could have that." Nelson said as he looked at me, giving me a look as if saying to go along with it.