Chapter 6

Chapter 6

A stage and a singer, it's supposed to be a great combination, right?

Wrong.

Not when you are a shy anonymous singer with the most popular guy in school chasing after you.

I sat next to Tyler during drama. He didn't look at me much, but it was okay.

"Students, for our musical, what musical should we do?" Mr. Hashire said, standing in front of his desk. He didn't really have a real desk, but merely a table and a chair in front of our small auditorium.

"Greece!" Someone yelled.

"Annie!" Another person called out.

"Mary Poppins!"

"High School Musical!"

"High School Musical 2!"

"High School Musical 3!"

After the class yelled a lot of other titles and everyone was chattering one person suprisingly said,"The Wizard of Oz!" The whole class was confused and muttering 'Is that even a musical?'.

"Oh, so you guys would rather have High School Musical than the Wizard of Oz? Are you kidding me?" A guy said and the class laughed.

"Okay, class quiet down!" The class got quieter and quieter every second. "So, since we have a big class, you and your table partner will choose the musical of your choice. Only one musical per table. Five minutes begins now." Everyone chatted with their table partner, after two minutes of awkward silence...

"Um, what musical did you want to do." I said quietly to Tyler. He looked at his hand.

"Emily? Right?" Tyler guessed.

"Um, yeah."

"Okay. Um, we could, what do you want to do?"

"I'm not really sure."

"Wanna do High School Musical?" Tyler asked.

"Why not?" I said laughing.

"Okay class, five minutes is up. Raise your hands for Greece!" Six people raised their hands.

"Annie?" Two people raised their hands.

"Mary Poppins?" Eight people raised their hands.

"Okay, now to the High School Musicals, yippie!" Mr. Hashire said extremely sarcastically.

"High School Musical?" The rest of the clsss raised their hands and all of the Greece, Annie and Mary Poppins voters sighed.

Wait a minute, why did I vote for High School Musical? There's only couples in that musical! And we all have to perform. I just hope I don't get a main character..

Wait, now I remember, Tyler said to do that musical. Love is truly blind, or at least like is truly blind.

"Okay so in order to create this musical I'm assigning everyone to watch the first movie. Just get to know the characters because you may just be performing as them." Mr. Hashire said," Also to make sure you actually watch the movie, please write down major and minor characters. Keep in mind who you would like to perform as."

"So, who do you want to be?" I said quietly.

"Um, I don't know, yet. I only watched the movie once or twice. I think I only know a couple characters." He said.

"Oh,"

"So who do you want to be?"

"Um, um, I don't know either."

Tyler looked at me and said,"Well you may look like a Sharpay but you are as sweet and nice as Gabriella."

I smiled, blushed and turning away from his smiling face. Awkward..

"Um, thanks." I said quietly avoiding eye contact. He just smiled and turned away.

And he's as sweet as Troy. I should have said that, it would make it perfect if I was Gabriella and he was Troy. Wait a minute, that would mean I have to sing!

I have to seriously think before I speak.