Chapter 12

Chapter 12

Making my way to Mrs. Collin's classroom I spotted Tyler talking to Jamie. I then hid behind a wall of locker doors.

"So what are you doing afterschool?" Tyler asked.

"Nothing much. Why?" Jamie replied putting a notebook in her locker.

"Well maybe we can grab a snack and rehearse?"

"Um, sure." Jamie said as she closed her locker.

I leaned against the locker doors behind me. Oh Jamie, why did you have to play Gabriella?

My stomach growled.

Oh my gosh! I'm going to be spotted.

"What was that?" Tyler asked.

"I don't know I think it came from over there." Jamie replied,"Well I should get going."

I think it was Jamie who walked somewhere else. But then I heard the foot steps becoming louder and louder.

What am I going to do?

In the spur of the moment I sit down and take my math textbook out.

"What are you doing?" Tyler says questioning me.

I ignore him. Staring blankly at my math book.

"Emily?"

"Emily?" He repeated.

"Oh, um hi." I said as I feel the heat of the red blush warm up my cheeks.

"I asked what are you doing?"

"Oh, I'm just pre-studying for tomorrow's math lesson."

"Okay." He paused looking around the empty hallway,"Why are you sitting in the hallway?"

Because I'm spying on you and your fellow cast member.

"Because, it's, um, very, quiet?" I said with a hint of uncertainty in my voice.

"Because that's so believable." Tyler said rolling his eyes.

"Yeah, I'm just going to go now." I headed to Mrs. Collin's classroom.

Completely unsure of where it was. I walked the in the opposite direction of where Tyler was talking to Jamie.

"Hey, wait up," He ran over to me "Wait, where are you going?"

"Um," I took out a piece of paper saying Mrs. Collin's classroom number,"Oh, it's Mrs. Collin's classroom, 416."

"I'm headed that way too, but it's that way." Tyler said pointing to the opposite direction of where I was originally going.

Wow, I should have thought of that considering around me were rooms 404 and 403. As Tyler walked down the hallway, I followed him to Mrs. Collin's room.

Matthew ran over to me when I entered the classroom and said hi to me.

"Um, hi." I replied.

"Did you find the classroom all right?" He asked.

"Um, yeah actually Tyler helped me find the classroom." I said quietly looking at my shoes and fiddling with the hem of my shirt.

"That's cool. Wanna practice?" Matthew asked.

We went to a table on the side and practiced the song 'What I've Been Looking For' which was a sped up version of Jamie and Tyler's song.

I hoped that dancing to this dong was easier than singing it.