Chapter 14

Chapter 14

As we left the stage, the lights dimmed as I walked to the patio, and was tossed a blanket to wrap around myself. Walking to what was supposed to be the patio, I looked up to the ceiling side of the stage, which had a black screen.

Tyler and I 'exchanged numbers' and took photos of ourselves on each other's phones as the New Year's Eve countdown began.

When 'midnight' finally arrived, the lights got darker and fireworks began getting projected onto the black screen. I smiled and said happy new years to Tyler as I left the stage in a somewhat of a hurry.

As I exited the stage, there was note on my bag as I walked over to get my water bottle. It read:

You were great, so anyways want to go to prom with me?

Jonathan? He isn't even here? What in the world!

"Emily?" Tyler said.

"Um yeah?"

"Ah, I like-basketball, yeah gotta go bye!" Tyler said extremely fast as he ran away in his red and white basketball uniform to the stage.

Um, what in the world was that? Wait, he couldn't have put the note in my bag twice right? I mean I wasn't near him the first time the note and rose was in my bag. Right?

The music for 'Getcha Head in the Game' started and I caught a glimpse of the choreography. I applauded Samantha and Jason for this non-catastrophe, they could be great chroeographers one day.

Pauline shoved me a new outfit and I had to change quickly. After getting out she touched up my hair and fixed a bit of my make-up. And by that I meant apply a bunch of it to my face.

"Tyler, Jam-Emily, and Kate to the stage." Diana said with a clipboard in hand. She could totally be a director one day.

"What is that thing doing here?" Kate said talking about me to Tyler in disgust.

It was time to stand up to her. This girl was going down.

I gathered all my courage and finally said, "Kate, you know what, I am a person and I am playing a role. Okay, but you are not. You are an actual Sharpay. A mean, air-head and complete stuck up and internally ugly person, so save it."

"What and ever, at least I'm not the slut who kissed Jonathan." Kate said waving me off as she walked to the stage.

Is that what people think of me? A slut? Seriously. I bet that the girls who started that rumor were Jonathan's broken hearted victims.

I was even more nervous. What did I do to deserve this?

As the curtain rose I decided to brush it all off and immerse myself into character.

"Troy?" I questioned acting like we had just met, after a long time.

"Gabriella?" He questioned.

"But how?"

"I just moved here, I didn't expect you to be here." I said, tucking a loose strand of blonde hair under the black haired wig, had to hide that.

"Well, welcome to East High. Want me to show you around?" Tyler asked.

"Sure."

Walking to the left side of the stage we met Kate writing on a pillar made of cardboard.

"Oh, hey Troy." Kate said looking only at him and then pretending to look at me for more than two seconds,"Oh and you are?"

"Gabriella," I said and smiled.

Kate took out her pink sharpie from her pink purse and wrote 'Sharpay and Ryan Evans' like she did during her improv scene, and turned around to look at Tyler and I.