Chapter 10

I went downstairs after I'm done changing into new clothes that I had in my wardrobe. While my legs pace down the stairs, my mind drifted to Greg's words,

"It's happening again.."

Plus with the sadness that I've spotted in his eyes. What had actually happened? His words were... confusing. I really don't get it.

In a sudden, I heard some voices from downstairs which made my legs stopped in an instant. I manage to hear the conversation which is attracting my attention.

" Who sent you here. " a voice asks, more in an anger tone.

Every muscles of my body seems to freeze at the voice which explodes with anger. It sends shiver to my spine makes me froze there like I was thrown into a giant freezer. I knew that voice... it's Greg's. He sounds like angry but, why is he? What makes him this mad?

"The prince had sent me here in order to keep the girl safe. " another voice interferes.

And this one is Leo's voice! What are they talking about? And what's with the prince thing? I shrugs it off then manage continue to listen.

"I can protect my own daughter! Don't you understand? " I shook in fear as I heard Greg's stern voice rises.

I sense the house was filled with anger and hatred which waiting time to erupt and destroys this house, eating it with such kind of dark aura around it and even rises as Greg's voice fills the whole living room.

I've never heard him use such a tone before. He did use it but never in this such high stern tone. But why did he?

"I won't let any of you take her away from me!" Greg yelled in anger, snapped me out off my thoughts which drown me with a flood of curiosity fills up in me.

"What the.."I rushed downstairs as I heard a loud bang, afraid if something bad would happen.

Yeah... it surely did.

My eyes widen in shock as my brown eyes landed on Greg who's pushing Leo against the wall with his left hand around Leo's neck. The thought of Leo being beaten by Greg frightens me, made me to meddle between them.

"Dad!" I push Greg's hands around Leo's neck, his eyes didn't move away from Leo's emerald eyes.

His eyes... was full with sorrow and hatred. Why is he acting this way? What have Leo ever done wrong to him 'til it made him wanted to take away Leo's life with his bare hands? And the thing is, he just met him!

His grip then loosen as I struggle to pull his hands away from Leo's neck. His eyes drifted from Leo to me. His face less tense as his eyes met mines and removes his hands from Leo then his fingers made its way to touch my shoulder. I wince as I felt his fingers made contact with my shoulder.

I'm afraid.. yes. I really am. 

Afraid of the man whom I love the most, the one who raised me, and even stay by my side from the day I've born 'til now. But what I've just seen makes me fear of him.

As if it's someone else who tried to kill Leo.

"Erina, it's not what you think. " Greg lowered his voice, pulling his hand away.

"You tried to kill him!" I snapped,taking a few steps back.

"Cyrinna, it's fine." Leo interrupt with a calm voice.

Fine? Fine?!  Is he insane?! Can't you imagine if there's someone tried to kill you then you said it's fine?! After you almost at the edge to faint, choking for air like your surroundings fill up with carbon dioxide? Nu'uh. To me, it's not even a good thing!

"He tried to kill you and it's fine?!"

"Is that a good thing?!" I burst out.

Why could Greg even did that to Leo? He just met him and all in a sudden he tried to kill Leo? What on earth is going on? It's like he doesn't want to see him..why?

Leo bring my face to his with his emerald orbs met mine. They're so calm and beautiful, as if they're telling me that he's okay. "I'm okay alright. Don't worry" he gave me an assuring smile.

Then he turn to face Greg. Their eyes met and they stayed in that state for a few seconds. To my surprise I caught Leo nod at Greg.

Hmm?  What was that for? Are they having mind link or something? Pfft, that couldn't happened duh. Stupid me, how can humans have that kind of ability?

"I shall have my leave. " Leo states, giving a bow before he walks away.

What? He's leaving?

Well of course he wanna leave. What if your father tries to kill him again? My subconscious side said with irritation.

I run towards him as he reach the door.

"Leo! " I called him as he turned to look at my brown eyes, he then gave me a warm smile.

"Are you leaving? "I asked with a frown takes place on my face.

"No, sweetheart. He's going to live with us. I asked him to pack his things. " Greg interfere as he spotted a disappointment in his daughter's voice.

"What? "

"And I've adopted him too. He's your brother now. "Greg look at me and his eyes were on Cyrinna.

Leo's POV

I couldn't believe this man.. First he wants to kill me, asked me a favour which is to train his daughter, then he asked me to live with them and he adopted me? Although I knew he's lying.

This man is really.. unpredictable.