Eight

Classes went by fast, and soon it was lunch. Danny bought me lunch, and we sat down at Peter's table. But something felt wrong the second I sat down. And it wasn't Peter looking at me with hearts in his eyes still. But there was something else that was bugging me. Something to do with Harry Osborn and Daniel Rand sitting at the same table. Then my phone starting ringing. It was Roxy. And yes, just because I liked to stay in the burned down building, doesn't mean I don't have money or friends. Roxy and I stayed in the same safe house a few times. She called, and I answered the phone.

"Amy, you told me to tell you if anything bad happened at the Rand Corp. Well, the building just burst into flames. Almost 20 minutes after someone who looks just like Norman Osborn when in for some meeting or something. I figured I'd call you since everyone else is calling the police." she said, and I could tell she was panicking. Her brother worked in the building. Yeah, small world, right?

"Okay, calm down. Just stay calm. Do that breathing thing I told you to do when your panicking. I'm sure they'll get it out fast and your brother is fine. Just stay calm. I'm sure somebody will be there soon to put it out. Thanks for telling me." I said, then hung up.

"What's wrong?" Harry asked me.

"Yeah, about that. My friend Roxy just called. Her brother works at this building, and it just went up into flames. Just freaking exploded into flames for no reason. Like, right after your dad went into it. Everyone in the building is freaking trapped inside." I told them, looking right at Danny. He knew right away it was his building, Rand Corp.

We jumped up and ran for it. We ran out of school and went right for the building. Danny, Harry and I just ran for it. The heroes just called HQ about it, which wouldn't stop the fire. Danny and Harry wouldn't be able to stop it, but I could, if I focused hard enough I could put out a flame that big, but I'd never tried before. I found Roxy and Danny followed me to her.

"Danny, Roxy. Roxy, this is Danny. Now, I'll be back. I know someone who might be able to help. I'll be back before you know it. See you in a few minutes. Roxy, just stay calm and stay with Danny until the fire is out, got it?" I asked her, and she nodded, crying for her brother.

I ran into the crowd, and once I was far enough away, I got the costume fully on. I flew over to the fire, above the building. It took all my focus and strength, and a pretty good memory, but I got the fire lower. My memory, the last one from K'un Lun. The mystical city in the mountains from another dimension that only shows up in this dimension every ten years for one month. "Amelia Hotman. The perfect person to gain the Iron Fist. She can slay the dragon and gain the power from the dragons heart." People spread rumors like that about me. The very next day we were back in our dimension. I had to leave, because I knew I couldn't take the power and I knew Danny could do it. He was the one training for it, and he was the one the monks chose to finish the task. I knew I had to go back to New York so Danny could do it, so I left, and I told Danny that he could defeat Shou-Lao, the dragon. What Danny didn't know, is that the monks branded both of us with the dragon tattoo. Danny got one on his chest, and I got one put on my ankle in secret, in case Danny wasn't chosen and I was. I couldn't do that to him though, I couldn't defeat the dragon at all, and Danny had all the training for it, so I knew he could do it, so we said good bye, and I was gone. He spent almost the entire month with the power, then I guess he decided to come back as well as I did before the city left the dimension. My eyes snapped open, full of fire. The fire was gone with the help of emergency crews. There was only a bit of fire on the bottom floor, and that was gone within seconds. Firefighters put out the hot floors, and got all the people out, not one of them hurt because of me. I flew off as they helped the people who were breathing in the most smoke. I found my parents burned down building and changed back to Amy there. I ran into the crowd and made my way to the front where Danny and Roxy were. They were let in past the police line, because Roxy was family and Danny was owner. Even Harry got let in past the police line.