Fourteen

Nick Fury was really angry with me, but didn't say anything when I showed up at the car and got in, ready for my punishment for running off without explication. I didn't say a word, not even when we got the the hellicarrier. I just sat quietly and waited for my punishment. It didn't come though. Hours past, and nothing had happened yet. I decided to speak up and ask about it. I found Nick Fury and he was sighing, his head against the control panel as he talked to Natasha Romanoff.

"I don't know what I'm going to do with that girl. She's going to kill either herself or someone else. We need to get her powers under control, but no matter how hard she trains with the others, her stability only gets worse. I don't think we can help her anymore." He said, and I knew that this was the last straw. This week was my last week to train, and no matter what, I had to get them under control. I went into the training room, and practiced and practiced until I just about got a handle on them. The only thing I couldn't do was the dragon. But that would change soon. It was just about 4:00 pm when the others came back. I was soaked with sweat and probably looked really tired, but this was my last chance to prove myself. The others came in, just as I got the dragon perfected. "Yes!" I screamed, as I controlled the dragon to attack the dummies. I flew around the room in celebration. I had worked on that for hours. I finally got it down, and figure out a way to make my powers stronger with my emotions. I just needed to embrace them instead of fighting them. And looked like a Phoenix flying around when I flew now, thanks to my practice. I was now under control.

After I flew around, I focused myself again, and just attacked the dummies. I used the knowledge from K'un Lun and training there to here, and within minutes, I had taken down every fighting robot in the training room, no matter what the difficulty level. The team clapped when I had finished, and I bowed to them, breathing heavily.

"How long have you been training?" Peter asked me, looking amazed at how controlled I was now.

"Four hours."

"With 20 minute breaks?" Ava asked.

"No. Straight. I don't want to leave the team. I'm going to train for as long as I'm still standing. I need to master my powers. I overheard Fury talking, and it's not good news. If I can't master them by the end of the week, he won't be able to help me any longer. I won't be part of the team, or part of S.H.E.I.L.D. The only place I'll be safe would be K'un Lun, and I don't think I'd be able to find a way there. And I want to be part of this team, even if I don't show it. This is important to me." I told them, throwing fireballs at a target on a brick wall. I kept throwing them until I broke the wall.

"Okay Amy, time for a break." Luke told me, holding my shoulders and pulling me away from the training room.

"No. You haven't even seen the best thing I just learned. Watch this." I said, pulling away and smiling huge. I pulled my legs up as my whole body set on fire. I floated in the air in zen mode. I closed my eyes tight, then snapped them open. I put my hands out and set them on fire, until the fire was so high it was above my head. A dragon appeared from the flames, and they were all surprised. It was like it had it's own mind, like most flames do. "I call it Iron. He likes that name." I told them.

"It's like it had a mind of it's own." Sam said, watching him fly around.

"Flames do have their own minds. And the best part about Iron is that he can always be reborn, like a Phoenix. Isn't he just the cutest thing ever? And he's really good at fighting and can get really angry. It's like a mini Shou-Lou, but nicer." I said, smiling at them all.

"Cute." Ava said, playing around with Iron. "And the fire doesn't burn. How do you do that?" She asked me.

"To be honest, I studied the mystic arts and magic in K'un Lun. He's a little bit of magic, and all flame. He doesn't need to be fed or pet or anything. Best pet ever. And I can put his fire out, then remake him and it's like nothing happened. Isn't that right Iron?" I asked it, and it nodded.

"Cool." Sam and Peter said at the same time, chasing Iron around the room like they were five and Iron was a puppy dog. I rolled my eyes at them, then made Iron explode into ashes.

"Iron is a weapon, not as much of a pet. He's still a good pet though. And the chest dragon ever. I think I finally mastered my powers, and they're stronger then ever. Now I just have to practice them, and get used to them. And learn how to not explode when I get really angry or emotional or get stuck in a memory." I explained.

Danny smiled and nodded at me, and I knew I did good. "You should take a break. Go take a shower and relax before dinner in an hour. You deserve it." He told me, I bowed to him, he the same to me, and I left feeling great. I walked into Fury on the way to met room, and he looked at me confused.

"How long have you been training?" He asked me.

"Four hours straight Director Fury. Got my powers down for the most part. Next training session is learning how o control outbursts." I told him, saluted then walked off. I showered, changed into different and less stinky clothes, and played with Iron until dinner. During dinner, we went to a burger place, and I told Danny about Osborn and the fabric and how he should get his company to call Oscorp tomorrow. After dinner, MJ called and took me and Ava dress shopping. I got a simple white dress that went down into a red almost like flames. It wasn't too poofy or long or really short, but it went down to my knees and had a few layers on the skirt part. It was almost like a fancy skater dress. Ava got a simple silk long dress that was black. Mary Jane got a dress as red as her hair. Dark and deep red, but nice. It was short but not too short and really poofy. I got red flats and managed to get back to HQ without spending a whole bunch of money. I fell asleep feeling great. In the morning, I got a text from Peter telling me not to wear my nice clothes to school. He must have texted it to everyone of the heroes, because it didn't say dress, it said nice clothes. I smiled and put them up on a hanger and on my made bed. The dance wasn't until 5:00 pm tonight, after school. So I wasn't going to wear it anyway. I put on a simple black v-neck tee shirt, green hoodie and skinny jeans as well as simple black shoes. I left my hair down and got to school early to finish my homework.