Fifteen

For a few hours in the morning, I just took down some robbers. Then school started and all hell broke lose. First thing that happened when I got into school was Flash. "Locker knocker time little nerd girl!" He yelled, and I got locked inside a locker for an hour until Mary Jane found me. I missed first class, meaning detention and less time to get ready for the dance. Then there was my homework getting stomped on by the entire class. Now it's lunch and I was just about crying. I just had a bad day. Then the worst thing of all happened. The impossible.

"Did you feel that?" I asked the other heroes.

"A tear between dimensions?" Danny asked me. "I felt it."

"My Spidey sense is going crazy, but in a different and weird way. Does that count?" Peter asked me, and I rolled my eyes at him.

"Someone either went to or came from another dimension, and the only way that could happen is technology not created yet, really powerful magic, or somehow K'un Lun is back before it should be..." Tears filled my eyes and I knew what was happening. "I'm sorry, I need a minute." I told them, and ran into the girls bathroom. Danny saw me walk away crying, and I shivered. My body became cold, yet burned inside. Tears fell down my face, and I lost all sense of feeling. I realized I had to do something, before it was too late. I took a deep breath then went back to the others. I hugged them each.

"Oxygen." Peter squeaked out when I hugged him.

"Sorry." I said, wiping away tears. I hugged everyone else, leaving Danny last. He hugged me and I cried into his shoulder. "I'm going to see what I can do. Just train tonight, okay? Promise me you'll train with Spider-man tonight, in case I can't figure something out?" I whispered to him. He didn't say anything else, and just nodded. "Until the next time, hopefully I'll live to see you again." I told them quietly then walked out of the school, tears streaming down my face. I changed into costume before leaving. It only took a few hours to fly there, but I made it. Mystical K'un Lun. And they were here for Daniel Rand to take him back. The champion of Shou-Lou is supposed to become king or queen of K'un Lun after defeating Shou-Lou, the dragon, weilder of the Iron Fist. I dried my eyes as I walked into the city. Those who saw me looked shocked to see me. I had no mask, because I hated hiding my face. I guess that's why I wear the glasses when I am just a normal teenager.

I kept walking, trying to keep the tears from falling. They all looked at me like I was a freak. I bit my lip and slowly made it to the temple, trying not to think about anything that happened here. I got inside and wiped my eyes. The monks looked at me with harsh stares, and tears fell down my checks. So many memories here, and all of them with Danny somehow. My hands heated up, and I but my lip harder, trying to control myself and not burn down the building. All these people around me took me in and tried to train me, and I abandoned them because I cared about Danny more then the city. It was probably about the time the dance was starting. I could have spent the time with Danny at the dance, but instead I decided to come here. Something that could very well get me murdered. I found an old friend. Scorpion. I walked over to him and bowed. When he saw me, he smiled.

"Come here to test for the power of Shou-Lou?" He asked me.

"No. I came here to ask about Daniel Rand, and what will become of him if he wins the battle." I told Scorpion.

He looked down at me, then got me to stand up. "Let's talk after you change into something more traditional. I forgive you for leaving. I know you did it in the best interest for Daniel, but he is not fit to rule, and we both know that I have always been stronger then him." He said, pulling me off. "Daniel should be here soon. Master had left to find him hours ago. They should be here any second. We should be ready to welcome him back, and we can forgive you for leaving us before the race begins. You will look beautiful in this." He said, giving me a dress.

"Yes, thank you. And you know I do not love you as you love me." I told him.

"We will discuss that after I become king." He said, then made me change behind a curtain in another room. I wore a white and green dress with a yellow brim. There was also a Phoenix on the shoulder. I got out, and he took me outside. I was put with the others, waiting for Daniel Rand to get back to our little empire. "Wait here for me, and do not move until I get back." He hissed at me quietly, and I did what he said. Scorpion always scared me, but Danny was always better then Scorpion in every way except physical strength, but lots physical strength didn't matter in becoming the Shou-Lou warrior. After about a half hour, Scorpion came back. He treated me like dirt. He picked my up by the arm and threw me on the ground beside Danny, Master and Spider-man? That didn't matter though. My dress and face was covered in dirt now, and I looked down, my powers failing me because I was too scared of Scorpion. Ever since I was a kid this would happen.

"Master, this traitor has come back, begging for forgiveness. I say we kill her as she has left us for the outside world. She could have become the Iron Fist, but she refused and ran away like a coward, unlike a real K'un Lun warrior."

"I was being a real K'un Lun warrior. I left because I was doing the right thing.  I would have rather died then, and I still stick by that, as long as I die with honour." I told them all, and Scorpion kicked me.

"And to think, you would have been such a good queen for me when I became king. Too bad..." He was cut off by Danny before he could kick me again. Danny helped my up, and looked at me. My face was all cut up and damaged and wasn't healing. Scorpion was like that Flash of K'un Lun. And the sad thing was, he was the older brother of Danny. Not blood brother, but faith brother. They trained together to become Iron Fist, but he wasn't chosen and I ran before I could be chosen.

"Enough. I do not want to see her hurt again." Danny said, and I looked down and bowed at him. "And she definitely will not be killed. We do not kill people Scorpion. And you know she is not a traitor."

"Master..." Scorpion tried, but he didn't answer.

"She had said Daniel would be Iron Fist, and she was right. Now they are both becoming immortals. Living weapons." Master said, and both Danny and I bowed to him, and I bowed to Danny again.

"Thank you Daniel. I am sorry I could not do anything." I told him, a year running down my face.

"You have done enough Amelia. Now, let us tell Spider-man about our home and our story, while he warms up." He said, and we were off. I stood beside Spidey and warned him up a bit, as I am made of fire.

"Thanks for saving me from Scorpion." I told Danny. "I'm sorry that I almost got myself killed Daniel."

"You stood up for what you believed in. And in this case, it was me. You have always believed I'd make a great Iron Fist, as you would tell me. And because of that I use my power to the best of my ability." He said, and my phone started ringing. I picked it up, and it was Nick Fury.

"Kid, you better have a good explication for the Brooklyn Bridge being burned and that attack there. And the sightings of a Phoenix flying over this country and all the way to China." He yelled.

"I think that you didn't do very good research on your team. It's been a full year since Iron Fist joined the team. Do you know what that means?" I asked back, and he sighed.

"I'm sorry Amelia, but I have son bad news for you. In the next two days, you'll be leaving the team for a few moths to train in a special school for special kids like you. You'll have to be back before then. I already promised them you'd be there. And tell Iron Fist that he has been a great member of the team, and I wish him the best, as well as hope he might come back." Nick said, sadly, and tears fell down my face again.

"Two days, of course." I quietly said, then hung up.