Nineteen

A month. That's how long it's been. And I haven't heard from anyone. I tried calling everyone, and nobody has answer. Today I called Danny three times, and not even a message back. Nothing. I was starting to think they didn't like me anymore. Maybe Cyclopes was right about them just using me, and now that I've been out of their lives for so long, they've forgotten me. I was almost at top status level now, meaning I could leave in only one short month. I could go back to my team as soon as I am fully trained. And right now, I got it all down, they just need to make sure I do. That means tests for one month, then I'm a free woman. I can do whatever I want to. Leave, stay and they've even kept the offer to become an X-men open, in case I change my mind. They said they could always use someone of my skill to save the world with them. And for the past week, anywhere Cyclopes goes to save the world, I go and help him. I was sitting in my room doing some math homework. And by doing it, I mean helping Rogue understand math. I was already finished all my homework for the week. And it was only Monday. I got a knock on our door, and I jumped up and opened it.

"Hey Hope. Hey Rogue."

"Good afternoon Scott." I told him, and hugged him. "What brings you to our little home?" I asked, a smile on my face.

"There's someone here who wants to see you. Out front. Jaime is interviewing him and Kitty is kind of studying him. You better go, before that tattoo is melted off your ankle by Kitty and she gets one herself." Scott told me, and I bolted out the door as he smiled at me. I ran outside and found lots of kids crowding someone, and I knew it was the only real superhero on campus, other then me, and I wasn't even a full real superhero yet.

"Back up!" I screamed, and everyone moved out of the way for me. I smiled at a job well done. I walked over and hugged Danny while he was still in front of me. I nussled my head into his shoulder and smiled. "I can't believe your really here." I quietly said.

"Well, I found Iron, before he blew into ashes. He told me where to find you. Nick Fury got me on a search and rescue mission. I had to find a missing agent, and help in any way possible." He told me, and I hugged him again.

"I thought you were dead or something. Nobody was talking to me anymore and I didn't know why."

"Fury took away phone privileges outside our own time, and we are not allowed to phone at school. Mary Jane and Harry miss you, and when they heard I was flying out to see you at your new school, they wanted me to say hello, as well as Maxwell." He told me, smiling as wide as I was.

"Oh, where are my manors. Please, come into the school. And sorry about my friends. Multiple is protective of me and Shadowcat isn't exactly one for rules. She thinks anyone and everyone is available to do what she wants them to. Don't worry about it. You have to come meet my other friends here."

"Okay..." He said, and I pulled him along down the halls. I stopped at one point and made my fist catch fire, causing Nightcrawler to appear from the walls.

"This is Nightcrawler. Then this is Rogue, and that's Cyclopes and Storm and White Phoenix, but she likes to be called Jean. And then this is Angel, and Iceman, but you can just call him Bobby. And these are Magma and Wolfsbane. They're both really shy, but nice once you get to know them. And you already know Wolverine. And that's pretty much everybody." I told Danny with a huge grin on my face.

"You got a new costume." He said, noticing the new costume I got.

"I burned through the other one last month. This one suits me bette though, don't you think? And it still has the green and yellow. It's not that different..." I looked at him. "And there's something wrong, isn't there?"

"No. You seam happy here. Happiness is the key to success. It's just, with school, the office and being a hero, I have no time for anything else. I'm afraid we won't see each other again until you come back to S.H.E.I.L.D. if you ever do." He told me.