Nine

School was over, and we all got detention. I got actual detention for leaving school grounds without a proper excuse. Coulson gets way into the characters he's pretending to be. He grounded me on a hovercraft. We got sent out and caught some criminals, except for Danny and I, who got sent to HQ for "a grounding" for leaving school grounds without warning. We just did some training, then mediation. By the time we started meditaion, I couldn't because I was laughing too hard. I tried to stop, by biting my lip, and it started to work, until I smiled and burst into laughter. Danny elbowed me, but that just made me laugh harder.

"What are you laughing at now?' he asked me, as I fell over from laughing.

"Sorry." I told him. "That tickled. I'm not used to people touching me, so when they do it tickles and I burst into laughter. Well, sometimes."

"Amelia. Come on, you wanted to do this." Danny told me, smiling at how hard I was laughing. He tried to stay serious, but my laughter was to much for him. I was has best friend, if I die from laughing, he can't help but laugh either. It's been that way for years. Always has been.

The other came in on us sitting on the floor, laughing our heads off. When they saw us, we instantly went quite. I bit my lip to make me stop laughing. Peter saw me and nearly fainted. Peter Parker, park, park near the safe house, the safe house. I was so late, and Max and Roxy were going to kill me. I jumped up and started acting like I was the white rabbit from Alice in Wonderland. "I'm late, I'm late, I'm late." I said, rushing around. "Sorry, can't talk now. I'll be back later. See you guys in an hour or so." I said, running to the door, bowing to the others, then ran out the door, putting on my shoes as I grabbed a jet pack. I ran into Nova on the way, but he didn't seam to mind. I hadn't been in such a rush since I was late for chi practice from the monks in K'un Lun a few years ago. I found myself at the safe house, the outside destroyed. This must have been where the fight was. I saw someone being lifted into an ambulance with a sheet over their head. I found Max and Roxy crying on the stairs to a house, and knew who it was right away. I felt a tear run down my face. It was their step-grandmother on the stretcher. She acted like Peter's aunt. She took care of all three of us. And I knew who did it. Trapster. The place was covered in his goo, and it looked like he got them exploding too.

"I don't believe it." I said. "Two bad things happening in one day. No way." I said, sitting in front of them on the stairs. We spent am hour crying, and a half hour I spent telling them about school and Coulson, my dad, and everything that I was allowed to tell them without giving away my secret ID. I told them about China too, and meeting Danny there. And how I never thought I'd see him again. We all hugged, then I left, and just took my time wondering around New York. I finally just sat in ront of Rand Corp.

I sat on a bench, then got a surprise visit from Mary Jane. She sat beside me. "You hear what happened today? I feel bad for whoever owns this place now." She told me.

"Yeah, and i'm sure that new hero girl who helped with the fire is pretty happy she could help."

"And there is something bothering you, isn't there?" she asked me. "Tell me what's wrong, and maybe I could help. Is it something to do with a crush on a boy at school?" she asked me.

"Pretty much." I sighed. "How do you tell when a guy likes you more then a friend when he's giving you mixed signals?' I asked her, hoping she could help me.

"Does this boy notice you? Does he care about you? Does he call you Amy or Amelia?" she asked me.

"Yes, definitely, and usually Amelia."

"I think you just answered your own question." MJ told me. "But I thought you liked Iron Fist?" she asked me.

"Oh yeah, the tattoo." I shook my head at her a bit, looking down and laughing. "Okay, so maybe a little bit. I'm not obsessed though, and I didn't chose to get the tattoo. It's a t'ai chi thing. Lots of people in China have dragon tattoos like this one. Probably not this exact one, but like I've told you, wasn't my choice to get it."

"Well, you look more comfortable with it now. And I must say, you look really nice in green." she said, and I realized that the dress wasn't just the same as my costume, but also the same as Danny's. I mentally snacked my head.

"I didn't even realized I was wearing..." I was cut off by something indescribable. S.H.E.I.L.D. was already inside the building fixing up the damage. I turned to look behind me and there was an explosion. MJ and I ducked behind the bench. Trapster was blowing up things behind us. The whole street was covered in goo from his machine. There was no way I could change and help the others. The group came and started fighting Trapster. Iron Fist ran over to us.

"Are you alright?" he asked us both.

"What's going on?" I asked him. MJ took out her camera, winked at me, then ran into the fight to get a good shot. Probably to get her a job at the Daily Bugle. I looked at Danny. "What happened here? Why is he attacking here again?" I asked again.

"Amelia, just get inside and wait for us there. Right now, you are not supposed to fight. Please, stay in the building. You will be safe there." He told me, and I couldn't argue. I just bowed, and he bowed back.

"Make sure MJ is safe." I told him, then ran into the building. I went to the top floor to get a better look, and the entire Frightful Four, and maybe five other villains were all working together to destroy the city and take down my friends. Basically, anyone who was in jail yesterday, is now working to destroy the city right now. The Wizard, Thundra, Klaw, Trapster, Whirlwind, Electro. All of them. The power went out, and Whirlwind sent something at the building. I was on the top floor to get a better view, but I guess that was stupid on my part. I was in the meeting room, and I ducked underneath the table. I couldn't do anything. I was basically powerless without the suit. Without my whole body on fire, I couldn't fly or anything. And now, I was trapped in the middle of a tornado. The glass broke and I screamed at the top of my lungs. The table was bolted to the ground, but I was pulled out from underneath it and into the tornado. I had stopped screaming by this time, but that didn't help anything. Luckily for me, Nova was there to catch me. I was so relieved when he got me out of there and back onto the ground.

"Thank you." I told him.

"Get to somewhere safe." he snapped at me. "Don't need someone dead." he said, and I was off running. It was hard to, and I was mostly just stumbling around the streets, trying to go against the wind and avoid getting hit by something flying around or being thrown. It got so bad that S.H.E.I.L.D. was called in and Iron Man was called in as backup. I tried to at least have my fists on fire, but it wasn't working. I was useless in the time my friends needed me most. I was right, I wasn't ready to be part of this team. I came for training, and that's it. Tears fell from my eyes. I felt like a kid again, in a fire, trapped and watching my parents trying to help me. I just hope that this isn't another thing where I let them down to the point where they die. It couldn't be. I turned around and saw a car flying right at me. And nobody around to help save the superhero who lost her powers.