Chapter 1: The End //edited

AQUEOUS MEMORIES

Chapter 1: The End

"Memories that dissolve in water, can they be taken back?"

~~~~

All alone, laying on the ground with limbs tied together mercilessly. Silently drowning in my own worthlessness, feeling weakened, sabotaged then broken into fragments beyond amendment. "This is over, let's just get rid of her," I hear one of the devils say, and feel myself crying harder, which I never thought was possible. I'm so scared and terrified and everywhere hurts.

It's silent for a moment, like someone gestured a reply or gave a hand sign as an answer, "but she already saw our faces." I turned my head in time to catch the shadow of someone giving a 'kill' order in sign language, their pointer and middle finger dragging a line across their neck.

The next words I hear are so mocking and hurtful, "kid, have fun playing in the water." With a pull on my hair, and someone's stinky breath on the side of my face, I spit. But I'm also angry, so angry at how unfair and cruel the world is.

There was nothing to feel but pain, pain and more pain and disgust everywhere, yet my anger outweighed it all

There was nothing to feel but pain, pain and more pain and disgust everywhere, yet my anger outweighed it all. I couldn't believe this, What did I ever do to deserve this? Does anyone at all deserve this?

I don't have any answers. Everything was perfect hours ago, everything was perfect. Why now?

The rippling the water when my body hit the surface destroyed the tiny bit of sanity I had left. I open my mouth to scream, but the concentrated particles fail to carry my voice for the ears to hear and I lose my breath instead.

Why can't anyone hear me? Not now and not earlier, how long had it been? Hours, Days? My mentality decides that I can't do anything but try moving again, but soon as the lack of oxygen gets to me, my heartbeats slow down, and my eyes become heavy, it's too hard to hold on.

It's the end. My body freezes between the waves, my shivering hands-- numb, but my mind decides to replay the last memory I saved. The last moment I lived as myself, before everything fell apart. And the flashback reels in my mind with a final show's cacophony.

 And the flashback reels in my mind with a final show's cacophony