Chapter 20: Another Heart

the author note at the end of this chapter is important, please read.
Enjoyy♡

~~~

"The bystander's case is always so much more complicated than that of a victim or assailant. It's because sometimes a bystander is looking at a killing bomb, thinking it's beautiful fireworks. Oblivion is their beautiful lie, that saved them from the ugly truth."

~~~

Myungsoo

It's not working, nothing is. It's either she is mega innocent, or really, really oblivious. I've been watching her, which isn't as easy as it sounds because she's always so quiet. She leaves and comes while no one notices, but I do.

Before Jihye comes to school she used to be so unnoticed, no words and no movements. Just her delicate hands holding her signature maroon pen and scrawling on her notebook.

Talking of that, she is one of the best students in school. A girl so smart and she still didn't figure it out. She is driving me nuts.

They aren't here yet, Janna and Jihye left the class a couple of minutes ago and they aren't back yet. What I witnessed before is enough to make me worry that much.

If it wasn't for the fact that Jihye stopped Yeron's hands from touching my girl- look at that,I'm whipped- I would've done it myself. And then, it wouldn't have been as polite as Jihye.

Sungyeol is seriously missing on an amazing catch if he didn't get to his senses soon, but his constant stares at Jihye tell me he isn't going to miss.

"Hyung, where are they?" I ask Sungkyu, nudging his side with my elbow to gain his undivided attention.

"I don't know," he turns, his voice getting serious. I was still composed only because, matter of factly, Yeron and her cronies were here. Yeron staring at Sungyeol like an owl as the rest targeted the others. One of then had eyes on me too, creepy.

A couple of other minutes pass and still no sign, "calm down, they will be here in a minute."

Yeah, Sungkyu hyung is right. But I do need to talk to Janna right now, I need to watch her and hear her soft voice. Ugh that vulnerable voice, even better, she was talking science when I heard it. Yeah, so hot- I need to stop.

"Hey, hyung. I need to talk to her. Let's go, you take her constant companion, Jihye, away and leave the rest for me."

"There is no rest! How am I supposed to do that to Jihye, you know how cute and awesome she is? I can't possibly do anything that could annoy such an angel."

"It won't annoy her, she is all so smilie and considerate so just tell her you want to talk." I protest.

"No, you can't make me do that-"

"Do what?" Dongwoo peeps in, and I turn to see Woohyun beside him.

And so I explain it all, briefly.

"If you don't do it then today's dinner on you, I'm pretty hungry." Woohyun says. The best thing about Woohyun is that he is so understanding when it comes to feelings. I mean he fell in the trap himself.

"Yeah!" Dongwoo laughs and leaves to tell the rest.

"What the... Okay okay! Let's go, I'm not planing spend my month's savings on food for six ogres."