Chapter 12: Leave

Chapter 12: Leave

"Numbness's a temporary cure, just like pain killers for broken bones. Bones will remain broken."

~~~~

Jihye

I walk in while Sungyeon closes the door, my eyes explore my surroundings subconsciously as I acknowledge the modern apartment.

"Welcome, you could consider this as your home now." Sungyeon says from behind me, smiling, "let me walk you to your room then," she says when I don't reply.

Her arms that I come to claim familiar help me walk as she starts explaining what each door leads to, I already saw the kitchen in the distance when I came in but she still mentions everything in detail.

We pass by the bathroom, which she said was outside for guest use only while each bedroom had it's own bathroom en suite, "and this is your bedroom. There is a bathroom inside along with a walk in closet that we have to fill soon!" Her voice gets filled with excitement as she opens the door to what she called my room. I can't believe this.

I see a room fairly big, the pastel colors were prominent compared to the white walls and occasionally black items, "I didn't know what you'd prefer so I chose a range of delicate colors, because you seemed to be a little similar, along with the black and white contrast." She explains, I wanted to laugh at her flustered tone.

Preferred it or not, I appreciated every single thing you are doing to me. I will give you back everything when I get the chance. Just wait for me.

"I like it, tha--"

"Okay! I will put these inside your closet while you get yourself familiarized with your room," she cuts my gratitude and rushes into one of the two doors. I look around, then an alarm clock set over the white nightstand beside the similarly colored bed catches my eyes.

It reads 10:14 pm, the time certainly passed quickly all thanks to Daeyeol's everlasting talk. I smile as I remember the cute boy.

Being all alone, I couldn't help but remember what Sungyeon said earlier, she said that I seem delicate and something about that just sounded improper. Odd even.

"Strange," I whisper to myself, tilting my head to the side then move with my crutches to the white bed, when I reached there I took a seat on the soft baby blue sheets and glanced over at the closet door.

As I wait my eyes start feeling tired, I lean over the variously colored pillows and feel my eyes close and my muscles relax.

I feel someone lifting my legs over the bed and taking off my shoes then I feel the warm covers over me, "Good night Jihye," is the last I heard before I'm in deep slumber. And for that day, the last person I thought of before sleeping was my guardian, Sungyeon.

"Okay! Breathe breathe! You shouldn't be nervous at all, it's totally fine!" She twists her fingers while I stretch looking ahead of me at the tracks and finally settling my eyes on the finish line.

"I'm the one running," I laugh turning to her, "it's going to be okay, you shouldn't be nervous, not like it's the first."

"Yeah but this is different! It's her you are going against! I didn't even know she runs," she scoffed looking at my opponent, "that witch."

"Stop now! We shouldn't be doing this," I scolded, then whispered, "although I'd totally love to."

Cracking a few bones, I kneeled down securing my shoelace, "I know right. Oh my it's starting soon, I need to go and sit. Listen, you will win, okay! You will be faster than her turtle feet and snatch that finish line first! Hwighting!" She shouts walking away as I wave back, smiling.