Chapter 11: Home

Chapter 11: Home

"Some feel home when their heartbeats race within a hug, some when they are holding a mug of hot beverage in a heated room on a November night. Others are still roaming around, lost, waiting for the person or place that would engender that feeling in them. What group do you belong in?"

~~~~

Jihye

"So I told him, I want to. I really really want to!"

I stare at Daeyeol as he talks and laughs albeit I didn't mutter a word since he came in and introduced himself, his black strands move as he speaks animated about his friends and family. A typical nice fifteen year old.

The door opens and an old couple comes in, I gulp as I eye the man in panic. I feel uncomfortable, the woman comes to me and greets, "hey sweetie."

"Hey sweetie." Voices erupt in my head and I grip the band around it to stop the pain as I groan.

"What's happening? Are you okay?" Daeyeol comes closer to me, holding my shoulders. I look at him and nod as I try shaking the pain away but like fragments linger in my head.

I try focusing with the parents who are talking about their children to me, the mom talks about Sungyeol, "even if he's acting like a jerk sometimes, my son is a nice guy. He just needs time to get along with people."

I nod just as the door opens and Sungyeon comes in, "I'm here!" She greets enthusiastically before showing off the bags in her hand, "you're getting discharged today Jihye!"

All the people around me smile and cheer while I look around, panicked, "where will I go?" I don't remember anything yet. Daeyeol looks at me then at his sister as her parents eye her encouragingly.

"Don't worry Jihye, I'll take care of you till you're ready to go off on your own." I look at her, blinking.

"Come again?"

"What?"

Daeyeol and I ask in utter shock, he doesn't know as well then, " what did you just say?" I put my lips apart.

"Are you for real?" Daeyeol asks at the same time I do.

"Does it look like I'm joking-" she gets cut off when her phone rings and she turns away to answer the call. Daeyeol and I exchange disbelieved looks before Sungyeon puts her hand over the speaker of her phone and orders me to get changed quickly so we could leave.

"Come on," Daeyeol helps me out of bed as he wraps an arm around my waist and holds mine over his shoulder, taking the bags from Sungyeon and walking me to the bathroom, "be careful there." He smiles at me and hands me the bag.

This is going too fast, I'm not keeping up, "Daeyeol we need to go back home, you have school tomorrow," his mom tells him.

"But-"

"Come on son." His dad commands.

"I guess I'll see you around then, Jihye." He waves at me as he leaves with his parents.

"Go on, I'll be waiting for you here Jihye." Sungyeon tells me after finishing her phone call. I nod and shut the door.

~~~

I wrap a towel around my wet hair trying to calm my heavy breathing, I wrap another towel around myself and walk unsteadily to the mirror.

Getting to see all the aftermath of the many injuries I had, I was terrified for myself and for once since I woke up I wished deep down that I would never remember what I went through.