✖ Chapter 15 ✖

WARNING: Soft core boy x boy action happening ahead. 

A hundred ideas hurdled through my mind about how I could make this all better. The temperature around me felt hot as I sat behind the wheel of my car. All ride long he hasn't said a word to me. It was so bad that he didn't even bother looking my way.

How could I mess this up so bad? I silently asked myself, tapping my thumbs against the wheel.

When I made Lucy mad like this, I usually ignored her, and she'd always come crawling back. However, the reason why I wasn't trying that now was because in all truth, Phillip didn't need me. Lucy came crawling back, because I helped boost her reputation. Phillip didn't seem to care about all that superficial crap. That's one of the reasons why I guess I liked him so much.

Then there was the fact that I didn't want to hurt him anymore than I just had. Being with him, and witnessing just a fraction of a half of the crap that he's been through makes me strongly feel that he doesn't need anymore stress.

It was pissing me off to know that I was stressing him out.

Be romantic... I thought as the traffic light turned green. Tristan might be on to something...

Luckily enough, my parents were out with Evan today for his hospital check up. It usually took them about four hours to get home after I did, because the wait was long, and they usually treated Evan afterwards.

Given that, maybe those four hours that he and I would have all to ourselves could be the vital moment of making things right. However, it begged the question of what it was exactly that I could possibly do to win him back.

As we neared closer to the house, I endlessly racked my brain for ideas.

Usually when I got home, the first thing I'd do is take a shower. Maybe I could draw up a bath and light some candles in there, set the mood. Then I'll just ask him to bring me a towel, and quickly sit myself down in the tub and ask him to join me. This idea could either go south really quickly, or things might actually work out... I thought, smiling to myself on the inside. I'm mean, it's kind of a big step to take with him, but I don't know what else to do...

The second I rolled up into my neighborhood, my heart started pounding uncontrollably. It got even worse once I pulled into the drive way.

Phillip wasted no time slamming the passenger side door when he got out.

He left me behind, his little stature crouching down to get the spare key that my mom left under the mat.

Before he could even unlock the door, I made sure I was out of my car with my backpack and my gym bag, ready to rush up the stairs and get the ball rolling.

Stepping past the threshold, Phillip made it straight towards the kitchen. Leaving him be, I quickly ran up stairs and plopped my bags next to the door once I entered my room.

Towels. Towels. Where are my towels? I thought feverishly searching. I may be asking him to get me some, but there's no telling that he'll actually get them for me with the mood he's in. So I need to make sure I already have them.

Finally finding them, I quickly rushed across the room to my desk and grabbed the lighter I had from the top drawer.

Alright, looks like I have everything. My mom's bubble bath should be in the shelf behind the mirror...

Making my way into the bathroom, I closed the door behind me and got undressed. It didn't take me too long to get the candles my mom had lit, and the bath filling with lukewarm water.