7

(The next morning, Bills p.o.v)

I have to ask her. I have to ask her. Now. Now. I didn't care if she was sleeping or not, I needed answers.

I quietly opened Shooting Star's door with a wave of my hand. She slept quietly in her grand bed. She dreamed of good dreams. I hate to wake her up, but it's for a good reason.

I walked over by her side and shook her gently. "Shooting Star..."

She opened her eyes, drowsily staring into mine. "Bill? What's going on?"

"I need to ask you something." I sat on the bed.

"What is it?" She asked.

I hesitated..."Do you..do you want to...go home?"

Her eyes widened. "Are you serious?"

What kind of tone was that? I couldn't tell if she was happy or upset that I asked.

"Yes?" I nervously answered.

She giggled. "Well of course I do."

"The thing, Shooting Star,...." I paused, looking down.

She sat up. "What?"

"If you go back to your world, you can't come back to mine..." I said, still looking at the ground.

"W-what?" She gasped. "I have to make a choice now!?"

"Well you can take your time..." I looked at her.

"Bill..." She calmly said, touching my hand. "I love my family and you. How can I choose?"

"I'm sorry, Shooting Star." I squeaked. "But it has to be that way..."

"Why?" Shooting Star leaned her forehead against my shoulder.

"Because we can't be together if we are in two different realms." I explained, petting her hair.

"How can I make a decision?" Tears came from her eyes.

I could feel my own tears trying to escape. I know Shooting Star would choose her world over mine...and how can I blame her? She has a family who loves her...except Pine Tree.

But...I love her too. I give her comfort and safety. I take care of her and we are happy to be together as a couple. I honestly don't know how she's going to answer this....

Shooting Star sobbed onto my chest. "I love both of you."

"Shhh." I comforted her, petting her hair.

She sniffed. "I don't know what to do..."

"Just think about it..." I told her.

She nodded. "Okay."

I continued petting her hair and hummed a little tune.

"I wish I could choose both." She pouted.

I knew how much her family meant to her, even though I'm not a big fan of them..."Me too."

We sat silently in the room, thinking. I could hear Shooting Star's thoughts. She was sobbing on the inside instead of the outside...I hated to see her in pain and struggle. I kept her close to me, hugging her.
~
~
(Mabel's p.o.v)

I have to choose between 2 things I love dearly. My family and Bill. How could I just choose one??

"I need time to think..." I pouted.

Bill nodded. "I understand that."

I smiled up at him and gazed in his blue eyes. He smiled back.