23

She looked at me with those sad puppy dog eyes. "What do I do, Bill?"

"It's your choice, Shooting Star." I simply said. "Don't let anyone persuade you. You choose what your heart desires."

She looked away from me and back at her family.

They were going to say something but with a wave of my hand I muted them.

"You choose who you wanna choose. Don't let anyone persuade you." I repeated, whispering in her ear.

"What if I don't pick you?" Shooting Star looked back at me. "Will you be upset?"

"As long as you're happy, I'm happy." I smiled down at her.

She gripped my hand tightly, looking at her family. "I don't know!"

She fell to her knees, letting my hand go. She sobbed into her hands.

I unmuted her family's voices as they rushed over to her.

They all hugged her, begging her to stay...

(Mabel's pov)

My head was throbbing, my heart was pounding. My choice was made...but how can I say it? I stood up, wiping my tears off of my face.

I walked over to Bill, clutching his hand. He smiled.

"Bill." I smiled. "I love you."

He grinned. "I love you too."

I frowned. "But I can't go with you..."

His grin fell quickly to a frown. He looked broken...

"I'm sorry..." I almost cried again. "But I have to stay here. I love you with all of my heart, but this is my world, and you have your own. It would've never worked out...lets be honest..."

I looked into his pale blue eyes, waiting for his response. He couldn't speak.

Then, he gently smiled. "I will always be with you, Shooting Star."

He hugged me into his chest, stroking my hair the way I like it. I buried my face into his chest, sobbing. I hate to be separated from him, but I had a gut feeling I would've made the wrong choice. Being with my family is this right choice...and although Bill will forever be my true love, we can't be together. After all, I am a human and he is a demon.

There was silence from Ford, Stan, and Dipper. They were all shocked by my choice...

Bill's eyes and mine met again.

"I will always love you." He said.

"And I will always love you." I smiled.

We kissed one last time before we untangled our hands.

Bill looked into my eyes as I did to his. Then he smiled, snapping his fingers and vanished.

I stood helplessly. Dipper came to me and hugged me.

"I sobbed into his shoulder. I made the right choice..."

Dipper patted my back. "It was for the best, Mabel....."