18

(Later that morning, Dipper's pov)

I was sitting on my chair when Mabel knocked on my door. "Dipper?"

"What's up?" I said, inviting her in.

Mabel came in slowly. Boy, did she look like a wreck. "Have you found anything yet? I'm just so anxious..."

I panicked. "There's actually a problem..."

"What?" Her eyes widened.

"Ford doesn't know that you're with Bill. Or Stan...If they found out they'll want to kill Bill rather than help him." I explained.

"why do you think that?" She sassily asked.

"Did you forget the time Bill invaded Stan's mind? And when Bill manipulated Ford?" I reminded her.

"Bill has changed!" She nearly shouted. "He risked his life for mine!"

"I know that, Mabel!" I said. "Listen, I overheard Ford talking to Stan about Bill. Ford said he is working on something to destroy him. If you come in saying you two are a couple, he'll freak out!" That was actually true.

Mabel's jaw dropped. "There's no way Ford is destroying Bill! Not while I'm still here!"

"Why do you love Bill anyway? He kidnapped you!" I crossed my arms.

"You don't understand the connection we have, Dipper." Mabel looked away.

"Listen," I stood up. "I don't mean to hurt your feelings but this relationship would've never worked out...he's a demon and you're a human. Plus you're from two different realms. I think it's best to move on."

"No." She spat. "Bill and I love each other and you can't separate us!"

I groaned. "This is like a real life version of Romeo and Juliet."

She glared at me. "You're not separating us."

"Fine!" I crossed my arms. "When I break the barrier you can just go live with Bill! Just leave your whole family behind for a demon who terrorized us!"

She gave me a cold stare. "Bill is nice to me unlike you!"

Well...that hurt. "I haven't been nice? I've been comforting you with this and I came to the dream realm to save you!"

Mabel turned away. "Whatever."

She walked out of the room and slammed the door behind her.
~
(Bills pov)

I could've sworn there was something in Pine Tree's journal that could break this stupid barrier...was he lying? He seemed pretty upset once he found out Shooting Star and I were together...I needed to talk to Shooting Star.

I went to my crystal ball and looked for Shooting Star. She was in the kitchen, looking at her bowl of cereal. She had one hand laying against her cheek. She was stirring her cereal, just looking at it. I knew she must've been thinking about me.

"Shooting Star." I whispered.

She perked her head up, looking around. "Bill!"

"What's wrong, Shooting Star?" I pouted.

She sighed. "Dipper and I."

I froze. "Oh. Why do you say that?"

"He thinks we shouldn't be together." She looked down.

"Mabel? Who are you talking to?" I heard Stan Pines's voice.

"Hm?" Mabel panicked. "Oh...no one, Grunkle Stan. Just talking to myself."

Stan sat next to her, I stayed quiet. "You've been pretty depressed lately. Do you want to talk about it?"

Stan knew I kidnapped Shooting Star...."It's Bill."

Stan nodded slowly. "Honey, everything will be okay. He's gone now and he won't bother you."

Shooting Star stirred her cereal in silence.

"And if he does come, Ford and I will handle him so he will never put a hand on you ever again." Stan smiled, putting his arm around her.

I saw enough. I walked away from the crystal ball and walked out of the room, silently closing the door.