Chapter eleven

Chapter eleven

    “How long have you known?” he asked, he sounded confused.

    “About three years” I answered, also confused.

    “Well that’s a relief” he admitted, I gave him a questioning look, “I thought you just found me like last night and were like what’s this weirdo doing?”  he explained.

    “No, you definitely don’t have to worry about that, I’ve been a hardcore Danosaur for three years now, you know that you were the first YouTuber I ever watched. I mean I had seen YouTube videos, but you were the first one I really watched”

    “Wow, well that’s a real compliment. But that kind of means that everything I’ve told you about myself you already knew. Why didn’t you say anything before now?” he asked.

    I gave him a you-know-exactly-why-I-didn’t-say-anything-before-now look “I saw PJ answering a question on Vyou about how he became friends with you and Phil, and he said he just treated you like normal people. I mean, I knew I wouldn’t have a problem doing that, but obviously I was afraid that you wouldn’t want to be friends with me if you knew I was a fan of yours” I explained.

    “Well, I get how that might be a little intimidating, but mean if I liked you enough to become friends with you before I knew you were my fan then I would like you enough to become friends with you even if I knew you were my fan. If that made any sense at all?”

    “Actually I know exactly what you mean, but it’s intimidating anyway” I said, he nodded in agreement.

    “So, then you know basically everything worth knowing about me, you did say hardcore Danosaur” he teased.

    “Well, I have seen every video you have ever been in, but I wouldn’t say that I know everything about you. You don’t reveal everything to your fans and I’m not really a stalker” I replied.

    “That’s definitely nice to know. So, you’re not going to go off tweeting everything I tell you?” he asked.

    “I actually don’t have twitter, I don’t see the point” he looked shocked “I saw this comedian mocking twitter and he said that he didn’t understand how twitter worked so he just brought a megaphone around with him and announced what he was doing at random times” I explained.

    Dan laughed out loud “Well’ that’s the best way of mocking twitter I’ve ever heard, that’s for sure” he laughed again. “You know now everything makes more sense, I was wondering how you were able to remember my name so fast” he recalled.

    “Yeah, the first time you came in to the shop, do you remember that long silence? That was me trying to fight the urge to scream oh my goodness your Danisnotonfire” I explained.

    “Yeah, I noticed something then, but then you asked for my name so I didn’t think about it anymore” he admitted. “I know that anyone could potentially be a fan of mine, but I try not to expect people to know who I am. Then I would sound like some sort of a dickhead who thinks he’s more famous than he is, and anyway I don’t want to get a bad impression of people just because their fans”

    “I think that’s a really good way of looking at it. You know your fans don’t give you enough credit for how hard you try”

    “Thanks” he said “it means a lot”

    Not being able to resist I leaned over and hugged him.

    We switched the subject back to hobbies, he told me about how stressful it really was to have to make videos every week and now also do his radio show. I was so glad that I could watch the show live now because I lived in the UK; it had been so annoying to just be able to listen before I moved.  We talked about family and friends, something which Dan hardly ever shared with his other fans. I told him about Anna and how she was extremely excited that I now knew him.

    “I should probably get back home soon, as a dedicated Danosaur you probably already know that I haven’t uploaded a new video yet” he said.

    “No, I know, you know sometimes I feel so bad for you. Every time you upload a video late, which is basically every week, the whole phandome creates this huge shitstorm. As a fellow perfectionist I know how hard it can be, I wouldn’t want to upload a video until I was completely satisfied with it either” I comforted him.

    “You have no idea, I mean, you would expect that they would be used to me uploading late, but oh no” he agreed.

    “I mean we always get a video in the end anyway, why does it matter if it’s not on the dot?” I asked.

    “I completely agree, you’re the type of fan I like the most. Do you want to walk with me home today as well?” he asked making me smile giddily.

    “Sure, I like walking around and exploring the city, even though I must admit that my favorite place in the world is on my bed with my laptop on my lap”

    “You’re my type of girl then” he said slightly bumping into me as we exited the shop making me giggle.

    “Your elbow is really at perfect boob height, not that I would call myself a particularly short female” I laughed.

    “Oh, sorry, did I elbow you in the boob?” he asked worriedly.

    “No, I just noticed. Is that really a common occurrence for you? To elbow women in the boob?”

    [A/N]: Hey, I hope you like the new chapter. They seem to be an ok length now. If you have any feedback, as always, leave it in a coment. Thank you to the at least three people who seem to be reading every chapter.