Chapter thirty

Chapter thirty

     Obviously I had been a little distracted that week, but in the back of my mind I had been trying to decide on an outfit for Friday evening, I settled on one after I had finally been able to clear my head of confusion, at least partly. I decided not to go too fancy, so I ended up with black skinny jeans, a quite pretty purple and white top with three quarter length sleeves and a pair of black pumps with turquoise highlights. I clipped my hair back with a big clip, but let my side bangs hang down on the side of my face.  I put on an extra layer of mascara and a bit of black eye shadow, keeping it simple.

    Dan was supposed to come over to my place at six thirty so we could take a taxi together to the party. I hadn’t quite been able to find out where this venue was, but Dan apparently knew. However Dan was late and didn’t show up at my apartment till ten to seven. I never liked being late to anything so at that point I was stood in my entrance hall pacing back and forth. When Dan finally showed up I basically ran down the steps to the front door of my apartment building. I gave Dan a big hug then started scolding him for his tardiness. We hailed a taxi and luckily didn’t arrive at the party too late.

    When we arrived I texted Ally and she met us at the entrance to make sure we got inn. The party was held at a loft which had been redone and looked kind of like a club, it was really cool. Dan was left at the bar as Ally dragged me around the room introducing me to a whole lot of people. I was sure that I wouldn’t remember half of them the next day, but most of them at least seemed like very nice people. After a while Ally disappeared and left me with a group of her friends. One of the girls in this group was very much my type of person and we hit it off instantly.I talked with this girl, her name was Susan, for a while and then excused myself to go find Dan, but we exchanged numbers before I left. I felt bad for running off with Ally and just leaving him alone at a party where he knew no one.

    As expected I found Dan in basically the exact place where I had left him. I apologized and he assured me that it was just fine. For a while we just sat by the bar drinking and talking. The more we drank the weirder the conversation got. We talked about all sorts of things, like bathroom routines, birthmarks, cleaning and our fears of the dark. I had no idea how we got on to any of those topics, but it was fun. At one point Dan exclaimed that we should dance, so we headed out on the dance floor and let loose. I had always liked dancing around and just letting loose and at party where no one knew me was the perfect place to do so. We danced for a while, but then I had to go to the bathroom. In the bathroom I met Susan again and we chatted in front of the mirror while freshening up. When I got out from the bathroom again Dan had disappeared.

    I looked everywhere for him and finally found him at the bar. That was when I realized how much more Dan had had to drink than me, but I didn’t care, he was fun when he was drunk. When he saw me he immediately grabbed hold of me and managed to pull me out onto the dance floor again. The song that was playing was a fast pace song and all around us there where people jumping up and down to the beat, but Dan decided to go against the stream. He pulled me close and we started slow dancing. I had my hands around his neck and my head on his shoulder, his hands where on my waist holding me tight up against him. Dan pulled away slightly, I looked up at him and out of nowhere he suddenly leaned down and kissed me.  

    [A/N]: Hey, new chapter. I bet you weren't expecting that, or maybe you were, who knows, for all I know you could be psychic or something. Anyway, I hope you like it and as always if you have any feedback please leave it in a comment down bellow. Btw, sorry it's a bit shorter than usual, that's just how it worked out, but be excited for the next chapter because it's really long, so sorry again, but the next chapter will be up tomorrow as always.