0.4

Every day, no matter what happened, it was his face who was a must to be seen. His locker was a locker away than Elis' and that just sucked real bad although Elis never really cared before. She sighed inwardly when she saw him opening his locker. It was just that Elis realised that Zach's locker was so near that she even dreaded to open her own locker until he walked away. But he didn't. He stared at Elis wide eyed, not expecting her to be present.

"You came." It was a blunt statement. Elis nodded absent-mindedly.

"Hello to you too Mr Johanson," she forced a fake smile to him and opened her locker.

He didn't say anything more, gladly. But something about him seemed off. When he walked away, Elis had her eyes on him until he was gone from her vision.

"Hey, Elis." Elis quickly looked up toward her insanely tall human whom she called a friend.

"Uh-oh. Hello Colton." she replied awkwardly, obviously caught in the act even though she didn't realise she was staring. She never intended to stare but her eyes couldn't help but doing so, and she automatically hated the longing that suddenly tugged on her heart. She coughed a little, pulling out her History textbook.

"How are you? You looked better than yesterday." Colton peered to her face, grinning like an idiot. Somehow there was more to that statement than what she wanted to acknowledge.

"Shut up Colton. I just finally had a proper sleep after a month sleeping less than two fudging hours. And did you came on late yesterday?" noted Elis, frowning.

Colton laughed lightly. "I had to thank you for saving me by fainting with a nose bleed. Even Madam Laurel fainted right after we brought you to the nurse because she hated seeing blood they say. " He continued, hiccuping another laugh.

Elis shook her head and chuckled.

"Though I was kinda worried there, what really happened? Why do you sleep so late at night? Since when you had a severe insomnia? That's friggin' odd, because you were like, this honourable sleeping beast, no one can wake you up unless they have your consent."

"I don't know." Elis shrugged. "It has been going for a month and I don't really know why. It was even odd to me, but I really can't sleep. It was like, something held me from going to sleep."

"Maybe someone fell for you that they thought about you every day and relive your being in their dreams. Dreams don't happen every night, but I guess it ain't impossible seeming you almost died from lack of sleep. That's hazardous." A small voice suddenly pipes up in the middle of nowhere, the small kid with ocean blue eyes and pale skin glanced upwards to Colton and Elis, expressionless. She was trying to make a point, and that was her style of making one by making a straight face so people would take her seriously.

"That's nonsense Lily." sighed Elis.

"You are denying because you are certainly aware that your heart started to beat with a weird rhythm, isn't it?" Colton quirked an eyebrow.

Elis was silent for awhile, thinking of what Colton said. "I kinda liked him accidentally and outta blue, I really don't know why. And it's so weird really, I don't feel that electricity thingy, nor that heart beating a mile a second. There was nothing. But I really don't like the way my stomach clutches and folded in knots, it made my head spin and I can't think clearly. It is really different when I was infatuated with Edgar." Elis shrugged, watching both of her friends.

Lily smiled eventually and a heart warming laugh followed suit. "The mechanism of love is vast and otherworldly. Everybody has their own definition of the absurdity of love, you see. It is undefined but there are different kinds at the same time. Have some time to think, you'll get there sooner or later." Lily spoke indifferently and popped a lolipop into her mouth.