2.0

It was a fine day. Although the air was a bit chilly. The window panes were all fogged up from the inside. 

The bell above the door rang with a KLINK when someone walked in. 

"Welcome CofeeShop, though we are closing right now...?" she trailed off when she looked up from the counter top. She was cleaning the top right then.

"Is there someone-," Sammy semi-yelled from the back but she quickly cuts him off.

"I'll handle it Sammy." She smiled softly while replying to Sammy at the back to the man walking towards her.

"Yeah, I was kinda waited for you to close actually." the man said under his fedora. He had this long navy blue coat on him, both of his hands in the pockets. 

"Oh? Well, there are some muffins and cookies left, if that is fine by you? I can mak-"

"It's fine, I just want to buy you a coffee, if that's okay?" the man said, looking up all the while putting down his fedora on the counter.

He was a charming man, his eyes deep brown and his hair short trimmed and jet black. Elis knew him. She chuckled and nodded.

"Oh?" Sammy sounded surprised from behind her. 

"I going to tell you I am heading back..."

"I'll be fine. You can go. Thank you for today, Sammy." Elis assured her. 

"Sure! See you tomorrow, Elis!" Sammy smiled to her and slipped out from the counter, leaving both Elis and the man alone. She even nodded at the man before going out, waving from outside while trotting off to the other side of the road.

"I'll have a mocha. What's for you?"

"Oh, you don't have to ask. I'm the one making it for me, why bother?" she brushed it off and started to busy herself making him the mocha and a vanilla latte for herself. She puts both of the large steaming hot beverage in front of him, cleaning the counter top again and the work place. He didn't say anything, just found himself watching her gave him a pleasant feeling, like he was home. Even the warmth in the cafe smelled like coffee and vanillas, it was quite comforting even.

"I'm going to pack up these leftovers, if you don't mind?" she asked, looking over her shoulder when she stopped briefly between the door to the back.

He gingerly shook his head. "Don't worry."

"Alright." It took her almost 10 minutes to close and lock everything up. 

She spun around, grinning to him. Half of her face was covered with the scarf she wore around her neck. "Oh, I can hold that," Elis took her latte from him. 

"Your face is so red. Is it that cold?" he commented, laughing a bit.

"Oh dear goodness, it's freaking cold, dude! Well, thanks anyway for holding that for me," she tilted her head a bit towards the white paper bag he was clutching on his free hand. 

"Whoa- I though you are giving it to me free?" 

"Uhm... I was going to though." she shrugged and he laughed. That made her smiled a bit. 

They walked under the moonlight, there weren't many people at this time of the day. It was almost midnight anyway and Elis just thought doing overtime was fantastic, never thought she'd met him. 

"How are you guys doing?" he asked after awhile.

"Hm, we are doing wonderful, actually. How about you? It has been... like, oh dear, 20 years? I feel so old," she sighed a little then giggled to herself.