2.3

Elis sighed to herself. She just hope that it was the right thing to do to knock some sense into Colton by having their guest here. She took a glance at Colton, but he didn't even twitched.

Elis reluctantly got up and strolled towards the door. Then she unlocked the door welcoming her guest with a tired smile on her face. "Hey," she bent down a bit to hug Lily and kissed her cheeks.

The petite woman looked up to her with a smile gracing her dark purple lips, her hair was dyed dark green, flowing flawlessly on her shoulder. "Hello, it has been a while."

Elis nodded. "I'm glad you can make it." Elis shuffled on her feet, "Please, come on in and make yourself at home."

Elis closed the door behind Lily and helped to hang her coat. Lily chuckled suddenly.

"Elis, I called Zach on the way here. He's on his way. I'll handle this." Lily patted her arm and giving it a little squeeze of reassurance.

Elis cocked an eyebrow. "I can see you have something on your sleeve."

Lily shrugged, the smile never left her lips. "Of course. How dare you think I would come unprepared. I was just waiting all this while if you were asking." She shook her head a little and sighed. "So many things to do."

Elis snorted. "You are an old woman now, that can't be helped." Elis pointed out, giggling to herself.

Lily rolled her eyes. She didn't reply anything to that remark. "Elis, your soul is worn out by now. Just have some time to tend it for tonight. I know you are thinking that it would be unfair to Colton, I understand that. But heal yourself first before you help others. Especially, in this current situation, this thing between you and Colton." Lily spoke quickly with a hushed tone, grabbing Elis by the arm. Elis stole a glance towards Colton who was still sitting on the couch, tuning every noise and drowning himself in his poisonous thoughts.

Obviously that man did not even bother to acknowledge their guest here. Elis figured he had known and that he was actually aware, but he chose not to bother. Well, that is plain rude.

She nodded and gave Lily a smile. "I understand. It's our fault anyway, we are sorry for what happened. I never thought you'd found out. It's hard enough to tell the truth, but now that it happens, I- we don't know what to do..."

Lily shook her head, her hair swinging lightly behind her back. Her finger on Elis' lips, hushing her from her words. "Save your worries for later. You humans are such an inconvenience for me ever since you were created anyway. But it is my duty to look over both of your souls as the stars had been aligned for so long. Only now that it decided to intersect, but sadly you've made a fault and taint that. I am not saying I have forgiven both of you, no." Lily shook her head, again. "But the past is the past now, it has been written and maybe this has its reason to happen. God knows what Fate has for you." Lily smiled.

"I see you are dressed up for this occasion." Lily commented looking at Elis from her head to her toes.

"Well, I kinda figured about it even though I am really not dressing up now. But thank you," Elis sighed with relief. She pulled her coat. "I'm going. Good night." She gave a small wave then she opened the door and closed it behind her.

Lily stared at the door for a few seconds, taking a deep breath. She even counted every step she took as she walked towards Colton.

"It's not going to work anymore." Colton spoke suddenly, throwing his legs over the couch.

"It was working. But you gave up so easily, that's what happened. You made your feelings toxic to her, you drained both of them."

"It's my fault in the end, isn't it."

"Don't be foolish, Colton. She is trying hard. You can see that. Why are you pushing her away? What is it that you are so afraid?"

"She had slipped from my grip, you know that."

"She chose to stay now Colton. How dare you sleep with a whore? What is happening to you?"

"... I am spoiling this... aren't I."

"Good God Colton. You are messing this up! You do not know how this is getting worrisome already! They are healthy, but you are the glue that keeps them together! You never realise that do you? You have taken care of them for lives. How can you still be this foolish!" Lily scolded him like a mother would to a child.

Colton flinched, gritting his teeth.

"Then why." He mumbled under his breath. Then he look up to Lily.

"WHY DID I EVEN EXIST IN THE FIRST PLACE!?" He yelled, demanding an answer.

Lily scrutinising him in silence.

"You know full well, aren't you, Lily? Don't you even wonder why I existed? There must be a reason somewhere! You were alone, thinking ways of making their stars align. Then out of the blue, I was sent to help you on this when none of you creatures even need help to solve these things." Colton was shaking, his eyes bulging. His veins popped on his temples and his hands clenched tightly.

Once again, Lily inhaled a huge breath and she let it out as calmly as she could. This is not going to work. She sat besides Colton and sighed with her heart suffered from disdain. She wanted to accept that all her attempts had gone in vain, but she forced herself to look at the bright side, observing both Elis and Zach from afar.  She needed to see the reason behind the things that happened. It was a hard time for Lily to accept but she eventually did. She had been thinking precisely what Colton asked her all the years she had been alone observing amongst the stars.

"You have a human soul, Colton. But I thought you are wiser. I believe and I trust you. I still am." Lily started, choosing her words with care.

Lily gave him a look of sorry and a sad smile. It made Colton confused. Although at first he almost switch into a blind rage when he realise the expression Lily shared with him wasn't for him.

Colton frowned deeply. "You... You do not know, do you?"

Lily nodded quietly. She took her eyes away from Colton, taking small steps towards the long transparent glasses, admiring the polluted sky from where she stood. Her hands touched the cold glass, watching the fog that appeared under her skin on the glass.

"Nevertheless, I put my faith in them. I put my faith in you. It was never a mistake. Sometimes people can be desperate, dear Colton. God knows what they do in those times. There are nights when I couldn't see them. Sometimes I am too close to the moon that it shone to bright it blinds me. God knows what lonely hearts do when they are alone. God knows," she spoke. Her voice trailing off with regret, it tires her to even hide it.

Colton did not know what more to say. He got up from his seat then he walked towards the kitchen.

"You want some tea?" He asked, opening the cabinet.

"Yes, why of course."