Chapter 6: Asthma.

Demi's eyes shot open at the same memory that flashed through her brain again, her actions made Wilmer jump to in shock. Demi was sweating and her hair stuck to her face she was panting heavily in fear and Wilmer knew she'd had another nightmare of her little sister. He wrapped his arms around her arms gently and swayed softly side to side which made Demi relax into his touch.

They was back at their own house now and the police hadn't called them in 2 days which each day everybody gave up hope, Demi was petrified and prayed it was her little sister. Her hand went to the gold neckless around her as she looked out the window, darkness. When would the pain stop? How would you feel if you knew your little sister might not even be out there, she could be dead or anything but you don't know what could've happened?

"When will the pain stop? I need her, I need to know she's safe, she's alive! Anything Wilmer! I need my little sister." Demi whimpered in his arms as Wilmer's grip tightened but not to hurt her, to protect her. He always hated when Demi would wake up in tears and hoped that they find there little girl soon, his mind replayed the scenes of the government girl in his head. It was dark the time he seen her so it was hard but he knew she'd got the same eye colour and face Demi had, she was younger back then and wondered what she'd grew into years later.

"They'll find her Dem, I'm so mad at myself for not looking into that girl. I swore that she'd looked like you too the day I was on the bridge with her, why didn't I check first before I gave her my credit card?!" Wilmer stressed himself out which lead Demi to calming him, she'd never blame him for it as he didn't know.

"I knew she wasn't looking for money, I seen it in her. She was broken and if seen the exact same look in you which is why I had to help her, she was so young that I wondered what possibly could have went wrong in her life. Her eyes held fear and traumatise so I didn't think when I gave it to her, I just wanted to help. Too think she's your sister is... That maybe a miracle." Wilmer's eyes widened at the thought, Demi couldn't help but smile at the thought of her. Seeing her baby sister again would be the light of her life, knowing that she's not lost out there anymore and knowing that she's safe.

"What will we do if it is? Or if she isn't? God I just want my princess!" Demi sobbed, calling Devon by the name she'd last given her. The little girl that left smiling at Demi she knew wouldn't be the girl she was today, she'd of seen things that no child should have too. Wilmer only held Demi tighter, he didn't know the answer to the woman in his arms as he didn't know what would happen.

"Devon, what's her full name?" Wilmer asked making Demi giggle at the random question Wilmer asked, he'd known a lot about Devon from Demi over the years but never her full name. Demi looked towards the window which held the brightest stars and smiled at what she told Devon a few days before she left,

"You look out at the stars and I'll look out too but it'll be from a different place. I'll always be with you but you have to look at the brightest star to know if I'm there."

"Devonne Demetria Lovato. It's my name but the other way around, when she was younger we all called her Devon and the name stuck to her. She used to cry every time we called her Devonne because she said she didn't like it, I used to always call it that to annoy her." Demi smiled at the memory of her little sister crying because Dallas and Demi called her Devonne, they never knew why she hated it.

"Demi! You need to come down stairs right now... They've tracked the credit card and also done a face search from people in the house, Dem I think it's really her!" Dallas screamed to her sister, Demi was out of Wilmer's hold in seconds as she rushed down the stairs, not caring if it was 3am she only wanted to see what happened.
*******
Flashbacks rushed through Devon's mind like it was only yesterday the events happened, the laughing of the men scared her senseless and she cried in her sleep while thinking off them. She hadn't had any nightmares for weeks but tonight they wanted to haunt her again, whenever she had the flashbacks she'd only get an hour sleep tops a night which Natalie hated seeing her so tired.

"Get off!" Devon screamed in her sleep as her eyes shot open in fear, she was violently shaking against the bed as sweat trickled down her face along with tears. Her breathing was jagged which made her rush to grab her inhaler before she had an asthma attack again like the one in rehab only days before she was released. Devon hated having them, she'd always feel the tightening of the lungs and it hurt her chest as she tried to suck in for breath. That's when Natalie shot barged to the room with Devon's inhaler in her hand, she'd heard the girl scream and rushed towards it. Devon stopped looking in her draws for one as she took it of Natalie taking deep puff outs with it which calmed her breathing and allowed her to relax.

"This is your first one since a couple weeks, your getting better with them since you usually used to have them every other day." Natalie stroked her nieces hair as she lay back down against the bed after getting her breath back, Devon's flashbacks had been getting better as it was happening less regular but Devon always hated them as it made her look weak whenever she had one.

"I never told you the full story about dad did I? I was afraid to tell the police the full story... It's a long story but the flashback I had today was scary, I hadn't had that flashback for years. When will they stop? I can't move on with my life." Devon sobbed into her aunties chest, even though Natalie was Patrick's sister she always has hated him so tried her best to stay away from the man along with the rest of the Lovato family but when she found out she had a niece who's pashas been terrible she needed to see her. She had met Demi or Dallas when they was younger and had met Diana, Natalie was the person who told Diana to get away from Patrick as further away the best. She knew all about Diana but had never gotten in touch with Diana over the years, she'd lost contact with her so decided it was best if she kept Devon in the quiet as it'd make her condition worst.

Devon was only just getting back on her feet and Natalie thought that it was best if she didn't say anything about her mom or sisters but knew that Devon remembered them. When Devon had been interviewed by the police after Patrick had died she didn't tell them anything, she didn't talk at all during the interview but only stared as she was only 11 years old. When Natalie noticed Devon was fast asleep she wondered what techniques would work to make her sleep throughout the night without waking at all, she came out of her thoughts when she felt her phone vibrating in her pocket.
Unknown number.

"Hello?" Natalie asked, not knowing who the other person was until she heard screaming on the other end of the phone.

"Natalie? Where's my daughter?"