Chapter 5: Bye, Bye.

Demi explained much information as possible about her sister, smiling all the way through it while telling her story's but it ended when Diana brought in the investigators. Everybody watched them closely as they asked Wilmer questions about the younger girl, Demi finally realised it was serious, they could be finding their little girl again.

"Have you got a spare bank card which we can track the first one what this girl may have? Maybe we can track her, Mrs De La Garza please don't get your hopes up as it might not be her. We really hope it is for you and your family's sake but there's a less chance, it's been a log of years." Their was two guys in uniform, one with the police and one dressed in a suit but she remembered them. They were the people that came to her house when her mom wanted to find Devon, they smiled around the house at the people before the one with a suit opened up his laptop making Demi raise her eyebrow.

"What're you trying to do?" Demi asked the man, she'd forgotten his name as it'd been so long but he must've remembered hers as he smiled up to her before winking and looking back down. She at he'd Wilmer's reaction out the corner of her eye and it wasn't a good one as he clinched his fists making Demi smirk at his possessive side.

"Track the card, we've tried multiple times. Sometimes it can be tracked and osmetimes it can't. Wilmer doesn't know where the younger girl is right now which is confusing as he gave his credit card to her but usually kids like to take all the money, this girl hasn't? She bought things she actually needed like clothes but on other cases a teenager had taken all money to get a gun or car maybe th- I've got it!" He stops himself before standing up, the shock in his eyes was clear as he looked over to the cop, by the looks of it he mustn't of gotten very far with the tracking code as he looks surprised.

"It might not be your daughter but I know an address, the U.K. Did you ever search there?" The man looked up to his companion as he nodded his head. All hope was gone from Diana's eyes when he nodded, she sighed softly before laying in her husbands arms with a tried yawn.

"But we're checking that address, there's a very small chance but it's worth a shot right?" The cop smiled at Diana softly as he noticed her face, he'd been through it many times before and seeing children who'd been missing going back to their families made him feel proud to be a cop someday's.

"Thank you." Diana hugged the man as he was shocked, the smile was back on her face but Demi and Dallas was hesitant on believing it. Demi didn't know if she'd given up hope, she still had some left but didn't know whether or not to wish as it probably wasn't her. She still remembered the day her little sister had to go with Patrick, he'd won custody over her but Diana knew he didn't want her so she tried her best to keep all of them safe from him, she was confused on why she only wanted Devon and not Demi or Dallas. They fought in the court room for hours until he won, Demi would never forget the look on her little sisters face, she was only 2 years old and terrified of the man that was suppose to be her father.

Flashback-

The court case had been going on for so long which Demi and Dallas was tired of since they couldn't understand the words they was saying, they had ahold of there two year old sisters hand as she giggled at them not knowing the pain that was yet to come.

"Dem Dem! Can we go?" Devon whined, she was bored of playing about as Dallas tried to keep her little sister company but she got fed up being the younger girl she was. Always grinning and laughing as her two front teeth stuck out, Demi and and Dallas loved her but right now there eyes was set on their father. He was in the other side of the room with a smirk on his face that always terrified them all, he gave Demi a wink and Demi's tongue caught in her throat.

"Not now baby girl. Momma is still up there." Dallas pointed up to where their mother stood, terrified but tried to remain a stern posture. Telling them everything he'd done to them but Patrick denied all actions which infuriated Demi, she hated watching him. She had to get away so she met her mothers eyes for a second and pointed towards the door where she nodded towards them.

"We can wait out here, just for a little bit until momma comes back." Demi tried to keep positive, but it was the day all of her family dreaded. Demi was 10 years old and Dallas was 15 years old and knew more about it than she did so she stayed inside. Devon was always closer to Demi, she'd done everything to protect her little sister against the monster inside but if he won then she couldn't protect her anymore. She'd grow up the same way Demi did, living in fear and everyone against her. Demi knew Diana had tried her best to protect all three of them but it was hard, meeting another man and getting used to him being in their lives now this. They sat outside the big wooden doors that led to the court case and on the bench which was still in the building so they wouldn't get lost.

"Okay, then we can go home and eat ice cream yeah?" Demi's stomach churned at the thought of eating but watching her little sisters face light up in happiness she couldn't resist, Devon was only two years old but even though she didn't know it she'd helped Demi to eat. She wanted to be a role model for her little sister. Demi lifted Devon next to her onto the bench but Devon only crawled onto her sisters lap making Demi laugh.

"Listen, baby girl. It's going to be confusing for you but you might not be coming home with us, me momma or Dallas. You might have to go somewhere with daddy, on your own and I can't be there to protect you... So take this, whatever happens in your life make sure you keep this with you alright? Me and Dallas have one and we got one made for you too, I promise you you won't be alone forever okay? Just remember me, Dallas and momma!" Tears fell form Demi's eyes as she held out a neckless for the little girl as she frowned which Devon never did. She was always smiling and giggling but took the neckless. It was gold with a heart in the middle with writing on it, 'Devon Demetria Lovato, never forget you have two older sisters Demetria Devonne Lovato and Dallas Leigh Lovato. We will always be with you our little angel.' Demi quickly put it around her sisters tiny neck and smiled as Devon looked towards her and wiped her tears from her face.

"Don't cry, Dem! We will be fi-" Devon was stopped when the wooden doors slammed open, on the other side her father came into view with a chuckle erupting form his throat. Demi heard her mother pleading for him not to take her away as Eddie held her back, they'd only met 2 years ago but he was protective. That's when Demi knew they lost. How? Didn't they believe the horrible things he'd done.

"Say goodbye." Devon frowned at her sister but smiled at her as Demi kissed her head, not wanting to let go until Patrick grabbed her little sister away and put of the door as Demi cried, Devon giggled in her fathers arms not knowing what was to come as she waved.

"Bye, bye!"

She didn't know what was to come.