Chapter 16: Hold Me.

Demi somehow drifted off alone with her little sister once Wilmer had lifted Devon up of the kitchen floor and into her room Demi hadn't left her side. Unbelievably, Devon had slept for the whole day, the rest of the family took of on a day out to a theme park to get to know Sabrina; despite Diana's protests for herself to stay with her. Demi already agreed that she would rather be with her.

Demi didn't leave her side, sometimes drifting off to but when it reached 10pm she lay beside Devon watching crime shows on Devon's flat screen TV before she finally stirred. Muttering incoherent words as she snuggled deeper into Demi, gripping her t-shirt for dear life.

"Hi beautiful." Demi whispered softly, smiling once Devon's eyes fluttered open in confusion. For two reasons: One, she'd never woken up in such a comfortable position, next to somebody warm and that smelt of vanilla. Two, she'd never slept so long before and it honestly baffled her why this time was different.

"Iyaa..." Suddenly everything came flying back to Devon from the back of her mind and her eyes widen knowing she'd done something so stupid in front of them. She didn't want her real family to see the real side of her, the vulnerable side. "I-I'm sorry," Devon stuttered, not knowing what to say.

"Why are you apologising baby girl?" Devon shrugged, trying to move away from Demi but she only kept tight hold of Devon. "How long has these happened for?" Demi whispered, brushing Devon's hair from covering her eyes.

"Since I was 10." Devon looked at her and Demi's position, "I've never been hugged before... Except from Sabrina." Devon blurted, she always wanted to hug somebody but as a child whenever she'd go to hug Patrick he'd only hit her in response and telling her never to touch him again.

"Never? Not since you left us," her eyes couldn't help but widen at how nobody could have given her comfort. Devon shook her head so Demi wrapped her arms around Devon's waist, pulling her into her warm touch and kissing her head lovingly.

"That's got to change..." Demi whispered, smiling seeing Devon finally relax into her touch and lean her head against her chest to hear get heartbeat. "Your so beautiful, my little troublemaker." Demi smirked at her new found nickname, knowing Devon was a huge lot of trouble.

"What was you thinking of Devon?" Demi broke their silence but she knew she regretted asking the question when Devon's big brown eyes pleaded up at her.

"I can help you, I can take the pain away." Demi's thumb stroked Devon's cheek as she tried to push Devon for information, trying to get any answers from her.

"That's what the people in rehab said, 'we can help if you tell us what's your nightmares about'. They never helped, speaking about it out loud only makes it worse. My memory becomes more clearer, I just want it to go away!" Demi noticed Devon getting worked up and she presumed it was because of her anger issues.

"I went to a rehab in America, it was much better than the one you went to because it cost a lot more to get better treatment. Now, they taught me a technique-" Demi looked around the room before pulling out a notepad and a pen while Devon watched curiously. "-I want you to right me a poem, put down everything you want without actually saying it. Do it the way you want, I'll be back in awhile." Demi decided to leave her for awhile, the last thing she seen was Devon looking towards the empty notepad while she walked downstairs to be treated by her family all coming in the house, loud with chatter.

"Did anything else happen?" Diana asked, seeing her middle daughter walking down the stairs. Wilmer came to Demi's side in an instant as neither of the two had seen each other, all taken into the living area.

"Nothing at all, we need to leave her for awhile though."
*******

"So she slept all day, that must've been the first time she's gotten a good night sleep in around 2 or 3 years." Sabrina's mouth dropped but before Demi could discuss further Devon entered the room, notepad in her hand as she didn't look at anyone part from Demi while she handed it to her.