Kavi Short: Ring

This was possibly the oddest thing Kirstie ever had to do.
She repeated the words in her head, three years, fueling her will to keep going.
She entered the store and clutched the picture of Avi in her wallet tightly in her hand.
Then, as per normal, she pored over the displays.
"No.." She murmured, pointing carefully at each one to observe even closer. "Too girly, too sparkly, not enough shine..."
It was hopeless, she had decided.
But there was a small gold ring in the corner of the display case that caught her eye. She waved over the only person working in the small shop. It was situated right at the corner of the boulevard, not many people bothering to check it out.
Kirstie, however, having been to 4 different stores already, was rather desperate.
"Sir, could I have this one?"
He nodded and opened the case, taking out the ring.
"Got a cute girl back home?" He asked as he put it in a tiny velvet box, making light conversation.
"No, no." She rolled her eyes. "I have a rather handsome man though."
He raised an eyebrow. "That'll be $4,000. Independent, eh? Like that in a woman."
She shook her head and forked over the money as he slid the box across the counter.
"I'm buying the ring for a reason." She quipped, taking it and slipping it into her purse.
"Thank you." She nodded curtly, stepping out of the store, the wind-chimes on the glass door tinkling in her wake.
Kirstie grinned.
Gender equality. Gender equality means that women have the same rights as men.
And proposing to your significant other is one of those things.
This was going to be fun.