Face Off

They were on opposite sides of the couch.
Kirstie was pressed close to Avi's chest, barely awake while he absentmindedly played with the gold strands of hair that framed her face in the perfect way.
Scott and Mitch, on the other hand, were taking a selfie for the rabid fans who needed more covers for their fanfiction.
Kevin, of course, was tuning his cello upstairs because he wanted to give them time to themselves, the generous man he is.
The camera went off and the baritone ruffled the hair of the tenor who immediately went to fix it.
"Not the hair, Scottie!"
He laughed, hugging him and kissing sweetly the top of his head.
"Love you, Michelle."
"Mmmnn... I love you too, Samantha..."
Kirstie, who had awoken at the sound of Mitch whining about his hair, noticed the sudden display of affection and nudged Avi, somewhat jealous.
A low noise of confusion rumbled in his throat when he felt her elbow jab into his stomach before he turned to the couple opposite them.
They were just whispering sweet nothings to each other and giggling softly.
"Oh."
He then proceeded to look them both in the eye before he pulled Kirstie up to the crook of his neck, kissing her ever so gently on her forehead, a small sigh of what might have been pleasure mixed with a little relief weaving out of her lips.
He grinned. Her breath smelled like candy canes, fresh but also sugary.
Mitch raised an eyebrow at them, prodding Scott.
He was one step ahead of him, grabbing the smaller one by the shoulders and pressing his lips against his.
The tenor leaned into the sudden contact, slipping his arms onto his shoulders, fingers tickling Scott's back.
The silence was both awkward and deafening.
They had inadvertently turned this into a competition.
Kirstie then pressed her hands to the back of Avi's head, kissing him like it would be their very last, his arms, still wrapped around her, squeezed her the smallest bit tighter, frightened to hurt her.
The awkward was tangible, visceral, hanging over their heads like a table cloth.
Then both couples pulled away, all four breathing heavily.
"That was nice, Kitkat..." Avi smiled down at her as she relaxed into her original position on his chest.
"You liked that?" Her yellow-brown eyes were glittering with amusement. She side-smirked.
"Yeah."
Meanwhile, the other two were back to twitter, Scott's arm around Mitch protectively.

@ScottHoying:
Omg @mitchgrassi is literally the best kisser smol queen 💋💋💋

@mitchgrassi:
Pls shut up im blushing af @ScottHoying

Kevin walked down the stairs.
"I'm back! Anything happen while I was gone?"
The couples shared a few knowing glances.
"Nope." They replied all at once.