Fool

"It was funny the first time, but I draw the line here!!"
"Come on, it was hilarious. Besides, it's not like you could do better."
"Are you challenging me, Hoying?"
"Maybe I am, Grassi. Have a problem with that?"
-------------------
The first prank was cling wrap over the toilet seat. Was it funny? Of course, especially since he had noticed first. All hell would have broken loose if he hadn't.
But all hell broke loose anyway, when Mitch walked out of the bathroom and into the living room with a raised eyebrow and a ball of (thankfully) clean, rolled up cling wrap.
Scott practically fell off of the sofa in hysterics while Kirstie scolded him, Avi raised an eyebrow back, and Kevin was inconsolable.
He was later compared to a dolphin.
(Or a seal, depending on whose side you were on.)
-------------------
The second prank was a fake spider strategically placed in Mitch's closet.
(It was about 4x larger than a normal one. It was terrifying.)
This was, of course, followed by a ridiculous amount of screaming and childish wailing until he realized it wasn't alive.
Again, Scott was rolling on the floor in tears.
Mitch scolded himself for being so gullible.
He then ridiculed his best friend for having the nerve to prank him again.
After a quick argument, which ended with a challenge, the war began.
-------------------
The third prank was a bit cheap, but everyone admitted to it being embarrasing.
The setting: Rehearsals that week, Scott wearing a white polo that was at the top of his closet even though he hadn't worn it in months.
(That was part of the plan mostly for Mitch's benefit.)
Then, right as Avi walked in the room from talking to Esther about their stupid romance publicity stunt, Mitch snagged his water bottle, uncapped it, and released the entirety of it's contents on Scott in one fell swoop.
(This was partially because it was funny and partially because, well it's Mitch.)
So with a fairly translucent, absolutely soaking shirt, Scott threw up his arms and announced that Mitch had won that round.
Kirstie and Kevin were gripping each other in a fit of laughter, Avi chuckled and shook his head, and Mitch crossed his arms smugly with a smirk.
Scott vowed his revenge, albeit a bit dramatically.
(He held out his shirt and raised a fist in the air, proclaiming how he would get Mitch back if hypothermia didn't get him first.)
-------------------
The fourth prank was elaborate and dragged everyone into the inescapable pit.
And almost broke apart the band.
It would have, actually, if they weren't all reminded that this was for fun.
(And revenge, of course.)
It required half a day of set up, a ball of rope, plenty of precision, the rest of the band's help, and a bucket of green hair dye, which Scott admitted to himself was rather brutal.
(It was also way too difficult to find a bucket of hair dye. When he did it was by chance and probably just to propel the plot after a day of absolutely nothing.)
Mitch was later led into the room blindfolded by Kirstie, whom he trusted the most.
Then Kevin stuck his foot out, tripping him in between one of his careful steps, Avi shouting the 'code word' to Scott on the opposite side of the room.
(For whatever reason, the code word was 'noodle'.)
Then Scott yanked a rope on which a bucket of green hair dye was dangling, suspended only by said rope and a hook they had installed on the ceiling solely for this purpose.
The whole thing came crashing on Mitch as he stood up and ripped of the blindfold, promptly screeching and falling back down.
How exactly did this almost tear apart the band?
Later that day he stormed into the living room with lime green hair and 4 cans of different colored hair spray which Esther bought precisely for this purpose.
Needless to say, after a lot of screaming and yelling at each other they exited the room, Kirstie with garish pink hair, Avi slumped after her in defeat, his colored a light grey like that of an old man, Kevin with yellow on top of his head, and Scott dragging a hysterical Mitch by the shirt because his hair was a ridiculous shade of blue.
-------------------
The fifth prank was even worse than the last because each member had cranked out something nasty for Scott, who was the reason they had to cancel their next show.
(Through transitive property of course. Mitch was the reason for this but Scott started it all.)
Kirstie had let Olaf run wild in his dressing room, resulting in Scott only having half of his favorite pair of pants.
Avi replaced his cereal with dog food, thanks to Kirstie's suggestion.
Kevin... His was probably the least destructive, since all he did was switch the coffee and the hot chocolate.
Mitch, however, had been caught in the act of opening a can of tuna fish in the air vents leading to Scott's room.
-------------------
"YOU!! This is all your fault!!"
"My fault? How is this my fault? I didn't put the cling wrap over the toilet seat, did I?"
"....No, but you did spray paint my hair blue!!"
"Only after you dumped a bucket of green dye all over me!!!"
"Well now we're in this mess. Happy yet, Mitchell?"
"Not until your face is permanently embarrassed."
"I know how to embarrass you..."
"Hold on, when was this about me?"
-------------------
His promise was to embarrass him, and embarrass him he did, when Scott poured a tray of ice cubes down his shirt during rehearsals, Mitch jumping a foot in the air and howling.
Then as he spun around, Scott kissed him firmly on the lips as a double prank.
(That and, well, he always did want to do that.)
After he let go they stared at each other as Mitch got progressively redder and redder, turning away, flustered.
It wasn't April, but boy, he was a fool.