Chapter 13

"People been talking about it,we won't just stand here in silence,can't stop the fire from rising,rising,people don't you be afraid,so many innocents slain,this is an era for change,change,and Malcolm's probably turning in his grave,every shade was beautiful he made,and powerful,there's so much strength in you and me,powerful,a breathe away from victory,I matter,you matter,we matter all,I matter,you matter,we matter all,powerful,powerful"

Powerful-Jessie Smollett and Alicia Keys

Carla's pov

After receiving the call from my mother saying that my dad was in the  hospital I literally just threw on some sweats and a Nike shirt and my shoes and left my apartment.Hearing that my dad was in the hospital 3 days before Christmas is really hard.

My dad is the type of person who loves to decorate the whole house for any holiday including Christmas.And now he wont be out out in time for Christmas.

But that doesn't matter because I will bring the Christmas spirit to the hospital for him.Even though my mom and sister I guess kind of hate me,my dad has always been there but when he would always go out of town,no one was there to protect me against the devil and her little fake minion. 

Walking into the hospital, I walk up to the reception desk and I ask where my dads room is.And the lady says 'Room 502'.

Making my way up to his room I see my mother and sister and her fiancé but I brush past them and ignore them and walk straight to his room.I see my dad laying on his hospital bed with a tube in his nose and a heart monitor hooked up to him and a blood pressure machine.

"Oh,dad what happened?" I asked him genuinely concerned for him and his health

"Well sweetheart me and your mother were arguing over me putting up decorations this year she didn't want any upAnd we got into this heated argument and the next thing I know my chest is hurting me really bad....and...and that's all I really remember I think passed out afterwards" he says

Hearing the door open I turn around and see my mom and sister walking into the room.

"Well daddy I'm gonna head on out"

"Oh baby girl,why?"

"Because mom and Millie are in here I'll see you later when they are gone" I whisper in his ear and give him a kiss on his cheeck

"Carla,wait"

"What Millie?" I ask

"I miss you?"

"I gotta go,tell dad I love him"

"Car, come on please let's talk"

"No,I'm good thanks though, bye now"

It felt good treating Millie the same way she treated me all of these years.

Walking out of the hospital I spot two men by car.Mike and Alex!?

"What the hell you two,did you'll put a tracking device in my phone?" I yell at them

"Well....."

"Tell me you didn't,you did didn't you"

Oh my GOD!They did put a tracking device in my phone!