Chapter 16

Chapter 16

When I went back inside not much had changed since I left to clear my head. The only difference was that Niall had moved to the couch, watching the flames dance in front of him. Liam was pacing the room with a phone against his ear and I couldn't see Harry anywhere.

From what I heard from Liam's phone conversation, I could tell he was speaking to management. Explaining what happened. Leaving out the part about Spirits and Rhydion of course. They would never have believed that anyway.

I closed my eyes and focused on the souls around me, sensing Harry's in his hotel room.

After a look at Niall and Liam and deciding they would be alright, I left to check up on Harry.

As expected, Harry was in his hotel room. Watching what seemed to be Friends. Harry leaned back against the cushions and he was surrounded by bags of M&Ms, crisps and cans of soda.

When I closed the door behind me he looked up and upon realizing it was just me, he went back to his show.

I sat down next to him, curling my tail around myself and grabbed a bag of cheese crisps, happily eating them.

For a while I just sat like that. Being content with just watching Friends with Harry. Eventually I said, "Are you alright?"

Harry hadn't said much since Zayn had left and I grew slightly concerned about him. It's not like Harry to be quiet for such a long time. I couldn't catch any of his thoughts either. It was just... blank.

"I don't know," he said in a small voice, burying his head in his blankets.

"It will all be alright, you know?" I said gently. "We will save Zayn." Even though I did not know if it was to convince Harry or myself.

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️

Later today Niall had found us. He told us that Liam finished explaining what had happened to management. According to Niall it was a rather believable and convincing story.

Tomorrow morning management was going to upload a FaceBook post where they explained that Zayn left and why, going by Liam's story. That Zayn had decided that he wanted to live a normal life.

"The fans aren't going to like this," Niall gulped when he finished explaining what happened.

"I feel bad for them," Harry said with a frown. "We can't even tell them the truth."

"You know why we can't," I added. "If they know what really happened they could be in danger. We keep them in the dark to protect them."

Harry pulled his knees against himself and hid his face. "But still," he said, his voice muffled. "It does not change the fact that I feel bad about lying."

"You are too good for this world," Niall told our curly haired friend. He sat down next to Harry - the bed is surprisingly large - and curled up against him. I smiled at my friends.

One of the things I like most about Niall is that almost nothing can spoil his mood. When he's sad it's only for a short period of time.

The door opened and Liam walked in. When he saw us all sitting on the bed he joined us. Falling face down into the blankets. A few seconds later his head reappeared from the pile of blankets and Liam blurted out, "Did you at least slayed the Spirit's butt towards hell?"

I almost choked on my own salvia upon Liam's choice of words. Niall laughed shamelessly. Falling off the bed as he did so. Taking the blankets with him, which resulted in Harry tumbling towards the floor too.