Chapter 18

Here you have a picture of Louis at Coachella! You're very welcome x :)

Chapter 18

"Let me get this straight," Strider said, giving me a narrowed look. "You're part of a music group now?"

"Yup," I said, popping the 'p'.

Strider looked at me in disbelief. "What is the King of the Rhydion doing in a music group?"

I nodded at the guys walking in front of us. Niall and Liam were chatting about a Batman movie and Harry tried to explain something to Stan. "It's mostly because of those guys. Well, minus Stan."

Strider nodded, his purple eyes looking thoughtful. "I have known you for a very long time," he said, "and I know you good enough to know that you never do something without a reason."

I shrugged my shoulders. "All I ever did was trying to protect those who were dear to me." Yet I failed to protect my wife and children.

"But you got a new family didn't you?" Strider asked softly. I blinked in surprise and gave him a blank look. Strider nodded towards the guys. "I know you care about them and that you see them as brothers."

I nodded in agreement. "Yes, you're right. I lost my family thousands of years ago, but I never would have thought I would enter a second one."

Strider patted my shoulder. "I'm always right."

"Not always," I corrected him.

The white Rhydion looked thoughtful for a moment before he slowly nodded. "You got a point there. Not always."

"What's on today's schedule anyway?" He asked, turning the blue mug around in his hands. Strider still had the mug with him, he seemed rather attached to it.

"Tonight, me and the other lads have a show, it's gonna be something else."

"Why's that?"

"Zayn has been possessed by Shahid Khan, remember? Zayn was a part of One Direction - our music group. We have no idea how the fans will react." I explained shortly.

"But those fans don't know the reason why Zayn left, do they?" Strider asked, still looking at his mug.

"No."

"It would be much easier if they just knew. It's better to live in the truth, than in a lie," he said.

"You know fairly well why they cannot know the truth. Most of our fans are normal humans. We can't bring them in danger," I whispered.

Strider looked at me with his deep purple eyes. "You have a kind and noble heart, Louis. And I respect you for that," he said. "But you cannot save everyone, not by yourself."

He nodded at the guys walking in front of us. "I know you will do everything in your power to protect those guys. And I know they will do the same for you. Let them."