CHAPTER 23

Angel's POV

I'm on my way to the old observatory. Well, I think I really got used to it that whenever I can't sleep, I feel sad or alone, my feet automatically leads me to that place.

"Hey."

A husky, deep accented voice called out. As I breathe, the familiar minty scent hitched my nose. I slowly looked around, and there I saw Zayn behind me. He's standing tall, with his hands in his pocket. He's still wearing his football uniform. 

"H-- Hey," I replied, with the shakiest voice I've ever done. I can't face him. I don't know why, but I feel guilty. Seeing him cry a while ago. And now, seeing him wearing a smile as if nothing happened. I feel ... bad. This is it. I want everything to be cleared and I want to start all over again.

I walked towards him and I stopped just a foot away from him. "I'm sorry." We both said in chorus. Okay, now that's a little funny. We both let out a faint laugh. "No really, I'm so sorry Zayn." I finally said looking down to my feet while I'm fiddling my fingers.

He let out a faint chuckle. "Do you really know what you're sorry for?" He asked. I looked at him with confusion covering my face. Yeah. What am I sorry for? After realizing that I really had no idea what I'm sorry for, I shook my head. He lets out a heavy breath before talking.

"I don't own you, right now. But only for now. But I love you. And that's what makes me jealous of seeing you hanging out with some other guy. I-- I don't know. It just hurts seeing you laughing with him. Seeing you wrapped within his arms while you walk. You two are almost inseparable. I-- I should be the one in his place, Gel! Because, you're mine. We're meant for each other. It always bothers me at night whenever I don't see you. Because I think ... I know that you're with him. And in our state, I don't have the rights to forbid you to come with him. That's why I planned for a flash mob for you. Not that it involves a lot of people... it's just me and the boys. And Pearl. Because, even if we both know that we're meant for each other, I still want to court you like any random girls experience whenever their suitors wants to have a relationship with them. You're my world. My princess. My girl. And I want you to feel every single effort that a guy, like me, can ever give to you just to prove to you that you're someone special and that you're the one that they want to be with for the rest of their lives. And that's me. I'm that guy, Angel." He stood infront of me and held both of my hands. "I love you. And, I want to be with you for the rest of your life." He finally said and gave me a kiss on my forehead. 

That is the most wonderful thing that a guy has ever said to me. Finally, I now understand why he's doing that to me. He's hurt. He cannot stand a second seeing me with Louis. Because he feels like I'm attached with the guy. But Louis' my friend. We're just friends. Nothing more, nothing less. Oh, God. Now, I know. And I feel really really embarrassed, bad, sad, and guilty. I shouldn't have done that. Because Zayn deserves every single effort, as well. 

I pulled him and engulfed him in a tight hug. I know this will not repay all the bad things that I've ever done to him, but I know that this hug can solve everything. I felt his hand sliding up my back end rested on my head. He also tightened his grip on my waist making me hear his perfectly beating heart.

"I'm sorry. I am so sorry." I apologized with the most sincerity I can give. I don't want to lose you, Zayn. I love you too. 

This is the most perfect moment that I have ever experienced in my existence. And I don't want to break this moment. Suddenly, he pulled out from our hug which made me feel sad. He lifted up my chin, making me look up to him. He gave me a sweet smile. Which I quickly returned. Then, our faces gets nearer to each other and before we know it, our lips met. This is it. My first kiss. Feeling his soft, perfectly molded lips with mine, it's just so perfect. It's like they're made for each other. Yes, Zayn! I want to be with you. You're the one whom I want to spend the rest of my life with. Since you're a vampire, you're immortal. And that makes me more comfortable to know that if ever I get old and can't stand on my own feet anymore, I know that you'll be there to walk me. To guide me, and to take good care of me. I love you, Zayn Malik.