Chapter 5: The Bomb

I woke up at my room at the company's bunker. It is smaller than my room at the Harbin base's apartment complex.

  I do my daily routine, changed clothes, and I traveled to the bunker's cafeteria and I sat at the table with my boss, step-brother and the owner of this bunker, Colonel Luis Gonzales.

    We ate at the executives table. After eating, my boss assigned me and my step-brother a fireteam each to lead. My boss told me that my brother is already at the mission area.   

   We prepared our equipment for the mission. We walked through the bunker's corridors to the bunker's exit.

   The blast doors slowly open to a giant elevator meant for planes and other large vehicles.

  The path of the elevator has entrances to the parking area. On the elevator is a black van and a white van. I entered the black van while my step-brother is inside the white van. The elevator slowly ascended to the surface.

   The giant blast doors open slowly. Moments later me, my fireteam and my stepbrother's fireteam are on the surface on the bunker's blast doors/airstrip and our convoy traveled down the snowy mountain into the road to the forest going to the national highway.

   As we traveled down the road in the forest we stopped by at the company's checkpoint. We showed the security guard in the guard house our ID cards and they let us pass. A gate disguised as a pair of trees opened and we drove out of the disguised gate and we drove in the national highway to the city of New Moscow.

    As we drove to New Moscow I saw destroyed cities and small villages. I remember my grandfather used to tell me stories about the world before the war. He told me that New Russia used to be whole, before the orbital nuclear bombardment.

   Now the western-side of current Russia is now a wasteland. Seeing the ruins of old cites,small villages and the third world- like atmosphere. I can see the decline of this once great country. I decided to sleep for a bit.

I woke up.

   I noticed that the buildings are much nicer than those in the highway. I assume that we are in New Moscow. The other white van my step-brother is in had gone to the right. Later, we had arrived in our destination, an alley with a red door at the side.

I called my boss.

"Boss, send us the identity of our targets in the area."

   Two pictures of a man and a woman showed up on my Holo. The man is bulky, bald, full of scars, tanned skin, and and has a raven tattooed on his bald head. The woman has brown hair, fair complexion,grey eyes and 6,1ft tall.

After reading info about our two targets, I feel insecure about my height, even I have experienced 12 years of service in the special forces division of the Philippine Army plus two months here working as a professional mercenary in a private military company, Sons of War.

I'm 5,5ft tall.

My younger brother is taller than me.

  So we got out of the black van and I adjusted my tie. I asked one of the other mercenaries: (also wearing suit and tie)

"Do I look professional enough?"

"Yes, Lieutenant General."

Prepare the equipment.

Two mercenaries carried a long, large plastic box with wheels.I knocked the red door.

"Knock knock."

"Who's there."

"Delivery." 

The red door opened.

A man in a trench coat and a eyepatch appeared.

"Are you the arms dealer that my boss is talking about?" he said in a raspy voice.

"Yes, now let us showcase our products."

   Me and my men entered the red door. The room is lighted by a single florescent light on the ceiling. I can see the two targets among 4 other people.The woman is taller than the man.

We opened the box.

It was full of weapons and equipment. I grabbed a semi-auto shotgun from the box while my teammates grabbed SMGs from the box, perfect for close combat.  We showed them our weapons to make it look like we are showcasing them.

"This shotgun is perfect for close- combat situations. You can change two different types of ammunition in just one magazine."

I mentally prepared myself for what happens next.

" This shotgun is effective in close quarters like, this."

I shot two of them. My men took care of the rest.

Everyone is dead except for the two targets. The man lunged at me, but I dodged to the side, but he punched me in the back of my head, then I punched him right at the throat, then I shot him using my shotgun with tranquilizer slugs.

The woman shot me in the legs, but she didn't know it is made of metal. The woman is surprised, so I used it as an opportunity the kick her to the wall with my artificial feet. She fell unconscious.

We tied her and the man up and we carried them to the van. I called my younger brother to get down here.

"Good job boys."

Somebody called us.

"Help! We need reinforcements!!"

"We're coming Bravo squad!"

We got in the van quickly and quickly drove to their location.

Vote if you like this chapter! It helps a lot!