Chapter 75:Operation Giant's Lair

After I got out of the bed, I rushed straight to the cafeteria and ordered a Salisbury steak with mashed potatoes.

   I hold my plate tightly and rushed to the meeting.

   When I arrived at the war-room,I sat on my assigned seat on the table with the other generals.

  I put down my plate of food on the glowing table.

   The table glowed blue in contrast of the white ceiling lights. A hologram of the map of the mysterious archipelago appeared and floated a inch above the glass table.

"Now,let us start!" I announced.

  After hours of planning,I lie down on the bed in my room,staring at the dim ceiling.

  I felt weird. Like I'm guilty and afraid at the same time. Maybe because I have a chance of dying without my family knowing what happened to me.

I rested for tomorrow.

December 21 2080, 1210 hours, 123 miles west of the archipelago: "Giants Lair"

  The 13th Expeditionary Flying Fleet the 15th Expeditionary Fleet, and the Neptune Task Group along with the captured Mobile Battle Fortress,SS Fatherland and other captured naval vessels.

    Jack strides with determination, as he approached his hover-plane. Unlike the other generals of their private army, he prefers to be in the front lines.

He entered inside the hover-plane.He sat beside the domesticated mutant from Egypt:Iron.

  He selected his most trusted pilot, Kite, to fly him into the maw of the beast, and escape the life he once knew, and forge a new one with a noble purpose.

   He knew the risks. He will never see his family again. His tears slowly trickled down his face as he pondered upon his realization.

"Hey,don't cry." Kite jested.

"I'm not crying." Jack rejected.

"Don't be sad." Iron's deep voice boomed against my ear."I punch who make Jack cry."

Kite laughed. "Hey, no one made Jack cry." she explained.

"Sorry mum." the mutant dejectedly said.

  As the plane vertically took off, he ordered Kite to drop the fake burnt body the the western island of the Archipelago, where his fleet were heading.

   For the last time, he tapped the device on the right side of his forehead, his Holo to activate it. His neural network connected to the Holo, allowing him to control it. He digitally dug in a digital album named "Memories."

   He jumbled through the digital album. He cherished the digital images of his family and friends,with their moments together.

   While he reminisced, the generals applied their plans and information gathered by their drones about the the watery battlefield,where their ships will possibly become their sinking metal graves.

   The fleets clashed with the enemy ships at sea, miles away from each other. They fired at each other with missiles, lasers and railguns. They intercepted each others missiles. Layers of maritime defenses slowly disintegrated.

   Above the sea, on the space between the troposphere and the thermosphere, enemy military aircraft and hover-carriers, clashed with the 13th Expeditionary Flying Fleet, with their hover-carriers, military aircraft and their new Mobile Battle Fortress.

   The forces of the sky clashed with each other;their fiery wrath can be observed from the ground, the explosions resembling fireworks.

   The encounter lasted for days,until they reached the array of maritime radar stations encircling the archipelago.