Chapter 52: Brother's Betrayal

I opened my eyes, but I see almost nothing. A black cloth covered my eyes. I only see a faint glow from above my head, blocked by the strings of cloth.I felt my hands tied in a chair that I'm sitting on.

I tried to stomp my feet, but I realized that my artificial legs have been removed. I tried to untie the rope tied to my hands, but I realized that the rope is actually metal handcuffs.

I heard someone opening a metal door. I heard footsteps getting closer and closer. Based on the acoustics, I'm in a concrete room.

The footsteps stopped. I heard a metal object dropped on the concrete floor.

I heard footsteps coming towards me.
The black cloth covering my eyes is being removed.

When I can see again, my eyes have been blinded by the light coming from the florescent light from above the room.

I looked at my right. I saw my Holo, a 5cm long thin disk that was connected to my brain, and my artificial legs standing on a tray on a wheeled metal table.

My stepbrother is sitting in front of me, with his hair turned even whiter from the last time I saw him,and looked more grim.

His face even looked wrinkly, like an old man. He still holds his signature armored hockey mask on him.

But I still recognized him, the smart, helpful,trash-talking, bastard of a stepbrother. I still remember when me and my brother were adopted by his father.

When was that again? I only remember when he pointed a tranquilizer gun at me.

He had shot me.

I struggled to get out. I tried to wiggle my way out of my restraints.

"Be calm, I don't want to do this anymore that you do." he calmly stated.

"Why do you betray me, and Sons of War?" I asked.

"My family is in danger, even yours, Johann threatened me that he will torture my family and sell them to the black markets. He will do the same to your family if you don't cooperate."

I imagined the same situation, but with my family involved.

"Well then, I already told RavenClaw about Project Absolute Contingency. What they don't know is, what are the types of MILES there or their current location." he explained." Tell me, or we will both be in trouble. If you can't do it for me, do it for your family, your country, the whole world!"

I tried but I cant. I'm not a traitor, I still have pride, honor and dignity left in me.

"No, I'm not a traitor." I defied.

"Fuck, you will put us both in trouble! Now give us information!"

"No."

"I don't want to do this." he complained. Then, he pulled out a remote like object. He tried to press it but his hand stopped.

"I cant do it. I cant hurt my own brother." he said in defiance. "Even if is for the bright future ahead."

"Do. It." a voice from the speaker commanded. "You know that the world is at stake."

"He is my family, I cant do it." he retaliated.

"He is not your brother, you're just a clone, a copy!"

"What?"

"You're just a clone of a dead mercenary who used to work for us! The mercenary is his real stepbrother!" the voice explained."Your own memories and personality just a result of our own special hypnotherapy to act like the dead mercenary! Thats why you aged faster than a normal human!"