Chapter 45: Defection

After I got out of the room, Doc entered the elevator with me.

"Why are you so tense when Boss mentioned Project Absolute Contingency?" I asked.

"Because, he forced me to reverse-engineer the Mobile Intercontinental Long Endurance launch systems of other countries to add an additional platform for our Philippiniun ballistic missiles to launch to anywhere in the world." he replied.

"But I thought you love making them? Isn't that your thing?"

"It used to be, then I started thinking things about my morality. How many people that it can kill when it falls in the wrong hands." He explained."We are the wrong hands. No private or government organization should have these WMDs. I tested prisoners of war, chemical and biological weapons. I didn't care about it until now. I feel guilt. What is this feeling?"

"Having a conscience. Congrats, you are not a mad scientist."

"Conscience? As simple as that?"

"Yes."

"I regret every inhumane experiment that I conducted."

"Back to the topic, please?"

"Oh, right." He uttered. "The R&D department have develop 4 of them. I tried to order the R&D to destroy the 4 MILEs and the WMDs, but Boss denied me any control of the program." he explained."The 4 MILEs are Jupiter, a high- altitude MILE, which can encircle the world 3 times over and can destroy cities with its anti-matter ICBMs. Neptune, an amphibious MILE that can cross all oceans undetected underwater. Pluto, a worm-like MILE that can dig and launch ICBMs underground and Mars, a MILE that is extremely modular and can be used in any type of warfare."

"Are you saying that we have these weapons already?" I asked, surprised.

"In development, yes. Not ready for combat use. Wish I can liberate Germany and most of Europe from those Islamic monkeys with these MILEs." He mumbled.

"Does the GA know that? We are gonna be in trouble in the global community." I asked.

"Thats why we kept it a close-guarded secret." He finished.

   We arrived at the building's ground floor. Somebody called me on my Holo.

"Go to your apartment at the walled city. We will meet there to commence the mission briefing." A unknown, but familiar voice ordered.

  Its the GIF. We rode a jeep to the walled city owned by Sons of War.

"I'm thinking on defecting to another organization, maybe some NGO that helps people, but how?" he said.

"I know." I replied.

"Are you serious?" He asked.

"Yes." I reassured. " Have I disappointed you?"

"Wel-"

"Come with me." I interrupted.

    The mercenaries in the jeep dropped us at the condo where I was living in the company's city. We took a elevator to the 25th floor where my condo unit is. The door scanned my retina and I entered my room.

    The room looks like it haven't been occupied in a long time. Except that I noticed that there are Holo-screens set up on the dinner table and a black plastic suitcase with it.

  Zulu appeared out of nowhere. One of the members of Extreme Operations Unit, Quebec, is here.

"You're supposed to be stationed in-"

"He is one of our agents." Zulu announced, cutting me in the middle of a sentence."He will be accompanying you during your mission in the new Holy Vatican Empire, to join the Order of Holy Knights to receive intel about them. As a former special forces operator, you experienced covert ops in your past military service, isn't that right?"

"Yes, many times." I answered.

"Tomorrow, you are John Smith, a fifth generation American immigrant residing in Italy." He gave me the black briefcase. He opened the briefcase. It contains a fake passport, eye contacts, an XR-1 multipurpose pistol, clothes and other gadgets.

"Now we deploy. I convinced your boss to take you a one month break to do your mission." Quebec announced.

"Doc said that he wanted to defect." I added.

"Not now, we will give you the signal. If you are in trouble say the codewords: Found me."Zulu instructed Doc."Now, lets go."

"Wait." I interrupted. "Doc, take care of Panzer for me."

"No problem." Doc reassured. "I'm his first owner, y'know?"

Panzer barked and whimpered.I gently pat the dog on his head.

  We got out of the apartment, leaving Doc behind, and we rode on a random vehicle. I slept during the trip.

  I woke up later, still in the car, but, we are in a large warehouse with different vehicles.

   We got out of the vehicle. I saw a workbench and a wooden wall racked with guns, knives, armor, magazines gun attachments and grenades, even a grappling gun.

  The only thing out of place is two umbrellas, lighters, rings, a box with a carrying handle, a out-of-place flute, two electric cigars, metal syringes and two suitcases.

"Choose your weapon of choice." Zulu commanded.

  Quebec showed me what the unusual weapons do.

  The umbrellas can shoot poisonous darts, tranquilizer darts, amnesia darts and stun darts.

   The fabric is made of Ultranite fibers. The lighters are different types of grenades.

   The box, or how he called it the "Pandora's Box," is a concealed silenced personal defense weapon.

   The suitcase is a timed bomb set to 10 minutes and our own decoys. The flute is a disguised rifle firing subsonic 4.6 rounds.

   The rings are designed to electrocute the opponent. The E-cigs are filled with marijuana, which is used to speed up the users perception of time. The syringes contain truth serum.

"Why do we need weed?" I asked.

"When the mission is taking longer than expected, do Procedure 420." he answered, giggling.

  He winked at me and proceeded to nudge me at my left shoulder.

"I get it. 420, the number of weed." I did a sarcastic laugh afterwards.

   I grabbed one of the umbrellas, a E-cig full of oregano, the "Pandora's Box," and truth serums.

"You can test them out at the range." Zulu announced.

We tested the weapons at the makeshift range inside the warehouse. My shots are decent enough.

"Lets go. Your mission is in the Holy Vatican Empire." Quebec gestured me to follow me.

  At the far side of the large, dirty warehouse, a large circular hole appeared on the ground. Then a sleek, white hover-plane with no windows or door emerged from the hole.

   A part of the windowless hover-plane opened, like a door.

  We walked to it, our weapons ready for the incoming mission. While we are walking, I checked the magazine of my XR-1 for bullets.

We entered the hover-plane.