Chapter 68: Mock Battle of Sydney

We saw enemy ground forces and air forces from Canberra by the early warning system miles away from Sydney.

  Something had hit us. The ship staggered. They saw a group of skycarriers at the distance.

  They opened fire at us, we retaliated with fire and fury from our missiles. An hour later, they were destroyed by our sheer numbers.

   If we have installed decent AA defense systems that can destroy these, we would be not in such bad shape.

   I saw live footage of artillery shells bombing our positions. Our AA defenses have destroyed some helicopters.

   Our ground forces had made contact with the enemy. I send some Close Air Support aircraft to the position of the artillery, but hidden enemy AA defenses shot them down.

    We stood our ground against the Australian Army. Many casualties were in the frontlines, while I just sat here in the flying ship.

   I ordered our weakest flank to retreat, for I cannot do the same mistakes again.

   The enemy pushed through the north, with their main battle tanks charging on the streets.

   The Australian Army is stronger than I thought. At least we don't have to invade my home country, for the Philippine Army. We would be dead in just a day.

    A day later we were outnumbered. Holed up close to the harbor's edge, we are surrounded. Three skycarriers, 50 amphibious assault ships, 20 aircraft carriers and 12 frigates and 20 destroyers were left, as the Australian Navy mobilized its submarines.

    They destroyed our ships, preventing them from getting closer to Sydney. We and the three skycarriers mobilized our submarine hunter aircraft to destroy the pesky submarines.

   With the fire support of the destroyers we barely held our ground.

   A decrypted signal suddenly showed up on our screens. The talented staff decrypted it in just a minute.

We are coming. Retreat.

   The Global Alliance have gave us the signal.

    I ordered my men to retreat. I ordered the fleet of amphibious assault ships to rescue them on the shoreline. I ordered our deployed aircraft to retreat into their aircraft carriers and skycarriers.

    From the aerial live footage, I saw my troops retreating.Some of our troops exited by crossing the Sydney Harbor Bridge and blowing it up, so that the enemy would not chase them.

    While they are retreating, I ordered them to inaccurately return fire so that the Australian Army did not notice our mock battle with the Global Military, who is supporting them now.

   Many of them made it back to their amphibious assault ships alive, but some of them didn't.

   Thankfully, they retreated safely. Their reports tell me that they have many casualties.

   A hundred dead. The Global Military assured me that they will retrieve the remains of our comrades. They also have causalities, but only a minimum of 1 wounded, and 1 dead.

     I reported to Boss about the results of the battle of gaining a territorial foothold close to our main target, the supposedly main headquarters of RavenClaw.

    So much paperwork. This makes me miss the frontlines.

    We flew miles away from Australia, slowly and surely landing onto the deep waters of the Pacific.