Chapter 58: Slaughter

The mercenaries headed to a secret passageway in the kitchen. I just sat down and cracked my knuckles. My dog silently watched me.

   I directed the waitresses to get their weapons on the weapons crate I placed on the counter. I thought them how to use them. I instructed them to guard the entrance.

   I saw their own point of view if from the small cameras strapped on their helmets.

   They climbed a ladder to the surface. They spread out in different directions.

   One mercenary took out a small plane-shaped drone and he threw it in the air like a paper airplane.

   I switched to the drone's point of view. I saw the captured relay base in a clear,birds-eye view.

   I marked the enemy combatants and I transferred the information to my mercenaries.

  "There are only 30 threats, including 15 armored vehicles." I spoke to them in the radio since the Holos were out."It isn't much, but don't underestimate those guys, they're highly trained." I added. "We can't use our ECHO sensors, they might spot us."

   I directed them to a area where there is minimal security.

  I switched to the mercenaries point of view. They saw three threats in different nearby guard towers.

"Permission to fire?" One of the mercenaries asked.

"Permission granted." I answered.

"Open fire, semi auto." the mercenary commanded to his fellow comrades.

  The three enemy guards were dropping like flies. The mercenaries in my command fired their grappling guns at the concrete walls. They cut the barbed wires with their own laser pistols.

   They rappelled from the walls and spread out in different squads.

I suddenly got a idea.

A cruel one.

"Hold the commander hostage." I commanded.

"Roger."

   I switched to the drone's POV. I zoomed in a building's window. I saw a enemy staring at his Holo-screen. By his aged looks, and a demeanor fitting for a leader, complemented by his black officers uniform, he must be the base's commander.

   I zoomed in on his two patches on his left arm. I saw the RavenClaw logo and his rank to confirm my guesses.

   I placed a waypoint on the building and I send the information to their HUD.

"No permission needed. Eliminate hostiles if necessary. Make your way to the waypoint." I commanded.

   They headed to the location while shooting the guards stealthily. The enemy combatants have laser-resistant armor, so the mercenaries have to shoot them directly in the face, grusomely vaporizing the enemy's face off into puddles of burnt melted flesh and blood.

    They have reached the building. They proceed to eliminate the guards surrounding it. They breached the doors open and killed everyone inside.

  They searched all of the rooms and found the commander. They held him hostage by my commands.

"Tell him that you will assemble all of your troops in front of this building. Without weapons." I commanded the leader of the mercenaries I have sended.

They did what I say.

  I stood up from my chair.

"Guard this place with your life." I commanded the staff in the restaurant.

   I walked out of the restaurant. I activated my artificial legs. The legs glowed with blue light.

  I suddenly accelerated. I strongly felt the familiar feeling of bloodlust. I saw my veins turning black in color;visible on my skin.

   I ran past the unsuspecting guards,while I jumped from roof to roof, with my combination of superhuman ability and stealth. The only noise that I made is a low buzz from my mechanical legs.

    I arrived at the room of the headquarters, my mercenaries still holding the enemy commander hostage. They were surprised as I jumped through the window.

"Place a plastic explosive on his back, in case he tried to escape." I commanded them.

   They do what I said. Sweat trickled from the enemy commander's forehead. His face contorted into a graphic expression of fear. His gray hair seemingly turned even more gray than before. He'd had seemingly aged in a brief span of a minute.

"Go to the front of your headquarters. Put your troops into one place. They will have no weapons." I instructed to the commander.

"Don't hurt my troops!" He defied.

"Don't worry, I wont hurt them, I will just slaughter them."

"No!" He yelled.

"Yes." I pointed my black sawed off shotgun on his sweaty forehead."Do you think that I will have mercy for the company that killed my stepbrother?"

  Out of fear, he did what I said. He contacted his troops.Moments later he is now outside.

  I instructed them to surround the area outside. They walked out of the building and have positioned themselves in the buildings surrounding the area.

  Moments later, all the enemy troops gathered around the enemy commander. My mercenaries appeared and surrounded them with a standoff.

   The enemies have no weapons.

   I dropped from the window of the headquarters. My artificial legs absorbed the impact.

   I detonated the explosive on the commander. Many were killed in the process by a fiery explosion. My hair was blown away by the shockwave, even from here.

I unholstered my shotguns from my back.

   They tried to escape, but my troops shot them. I shoot some of the stragglers myself, blowing their limbs apart. I heard their cries of help and mercy, but they fell into deaf ears.

  I killed and slaughter, until there is no one left alive. Bodies were sprawled on the floor,bloodied and dismembered.

I ordered my men to search for survivors, and to fully capture this base. One base less for the enemy.

  After the massacre that I just conducted, I laughed, like a little child.

Its good to let off some steam once in a while. I watch my men dispose of the corpses, burning them with flamethrowers that they looted from their armories.

  The crackle of the burning corpses, the incessant chirps of cicadas and the shuffles of working camo-collar workers; workers holding weapons, only filled the quiet night, under the still moonlight.

  I have done my grand act of revenge, but the thirst is still remained unquenched.

  The pain still haunts me still.