Chapter 35: Philippine Federation

I must've fell asleep while in the flight. The flight attendant gave me a plate of fried chicken and mushroom soup with a side of mashed potatoes.

I ate it. It was delicious.

   Then we hovered on one of the Hives in the Philippine Federation. We landed on one of platforms on the Hive in the Philippine Federation. The robots scanned our jet. After that, we got inside the jet. We ascended to the skies and we flew to my homeland.

"Do you remember anything from 15 minutes ago?" Echo asked.

"Nah." I answered.

"Oh, then I will show you."

  A notification appeared on my Holo's HUD. I selected it.

   A video appeared at the center of my HUD. It showed a video of me trying to strangle the flight attendant.

"Shame that you didnt kill her." The voice commented.

"Oh shut up." I mentally scolded the voice in my head.

  I remember now. My boss is trying to kill me. The amnesiac they poisoned me with isn't that effective.

   Then, we flew above the buildings on the Manila Bay. The buildings were tall, with bridges on almost each level for hover-vehicles and pedestrians to pass to and fro, through or beside the buildings. The coastal city is covered monochromatic colors, white, black and grey. The city is imbued with a sense of both traditional regality and modernity.

   If my grandfather is alive, he will cry tears of joy, because, according to him, the country then is equivalent to a hellhole.

   Most of the citizens then are a bunch of hypocritical, undisciplined, uneducated zombies with an attitude that reeks of mediocrity, according to him, of course.

   The people then, according to Grandpa, were zombies manipulated by the fame-whoring "artistas" and being fed by yellow-propaganda imbued lies owned by the "Yellow's", he called the political dynasty of the early 2010's. Then, according to him, real change happened during 2016-2029. Then, World War Three happened.He was a veteran in the war.

   He told exciting, amazing and unbelievable stories when he was alive. I wasn't sure that most if it is even real though when I got older.Some of his stories are so ridiculous that it can only happen in movies.

   I looked at my wife's picture at my Holo's HUD.

Julia, I'm finally coming home.

    We arrived at the Philippine National Airport. We walked out of the jet. We entered the airport building. The place is better than before.

  I forgot how hot is in the Philippines.

"Well, I will go now, The GIF will call you if they accepted you. But now, be with your family." Echo farewelled.

  She turned to the opposite direction, her brown hair moved with her.

"You should've banged her." The voice in my head commented.

"What is up with you with obsession with violence and sex anyway?" I asked the voice in my head.

" I'm your subconscious. Not only that, but I'm also the embodiment of your deepest, most primal desires." He answered.

Am I going crazy?

"Probably."

Hope not.

   I walked to the exit. The glass doors opened automatically. I walked out of the door, pulling my luggage out.

Fuck, its hot.

    I called a taxi. The Filipino taxi driver helped me put my luggage in the trunk.
I entered the taxi.

"Are you a OFW?" the taxi driver asked in Tagalog, my mother tongue.

"Sort of." I replied in Tagalog.

"Where to?"

   I remembered my address. I told him my address to my house.

   We drove through the grey, clean roads of the coastal city of Manila Bay.

   I saw the blue ocean at the distance. Yachts and other sea-faring vehicles were moored in the well maintained ports beside the roads.I opened my window to smell the sea breeze. The scent is very relaxing.

   The scent gave me hope for some reason.

I'm excited to see her again.

"And bang her, of course." The voice inserted.

"Can you shut up?" I mentally retaliated.

"What's the problem? I just saying what it is. You haven't have any action for the last.." He emitted a audible umm, that only my brain can hear."..a year or two?"

"A year." I corrected." Now shut up.

"Fine."

   Later, we stopped beside a sidewalk beside a large courtyard filled with people. Most of them are adults. They appeared to be looking up on a giant floating hologram on one of the buildings.

  "Sorry for the delay, my engine appears to be broken." he apologized in Tagalog.

"Its okay." I answered politely in my mother tongue.

   He grabbed a red rusty toolbox beside his seat and he got out of taxi. He opened the taxi's hood. When he opened the hood of the taxi, the engine emitted noxious, dark smoke from its engine covering the front.

  I rolled down the taxi's window to watch and listen to the giant floating hologram on one of the buildings.

"...the country grew even greater than we ever imagined, but we must be wary. As the motherland grew, our enemies also grew from the inside. You may know them as fellow honorary countrymen, but behind you, maybe they're plotting against us."

He coughed, but his face never falters.

" Now I may declare that this is not the time for distractions, while our society is discreetly under siege by the Global Alliance by meddling with our politics using the crocodile tears of those 'oppressed Chinese'. Even without the help of the global hegemony, the Chinese are the eternal tricksters and devious plotters, the Jews of Asia. Allowing our country to mingle with the Alliance of Satan in trade and tourism is a grave mistake made by the past administration. They introduced the societal disease of liberal thought in our youth, with their noise they called music, and the access to the infernal cyberspace of the Global Network, festering with pro-GA propaganda and degeneracy. I declare that we must do our own part in expeling and eliminating the enemies in our country. Man, woman, child, each must contribute to the war effort against the enemies of our dear motherland, the Chinese, the crony-captalists, the terrorists, the pro-Neo-Marxist politicians, false prophets, and finally the Global Alliance itself. We must fight until tooth and nail, and never bow our heads to the hegemony of the Global Alliance and its poisonous, Neo-Marxist ideology."

  The man displayed on the giant floating hologram spoke with confidence, with passion for our motherland. Even I was moved by his speech.

"Mabuhay Pilipinas! Mabuhay ang ating Ama!" everyone in the courtyard shouted religiously with their fists raised. Even the taxi driver shouted, while fixing the engine.

   It must be the elections today, Live footages of presidential candidates making speeches on podiums and battling each other with weapons made out of words in the arena of debate are broadcasted live on the every form of media.

   The presidential candidate, Antonio Iglesias' advertisement  was very unorthodox though.

   His own Hukbo ng Mga Makabayan is very unorthodox in spreading their influence. At times they rally their militaristic party members dressed in green in the streets, and beat up anyone who threatens them. They have killed the enemies of our country with knives and trunchons, even with guns. At other times they create youth groups that help the less fortunate in the country and educating them about their worldview.

   I walked back into the taxi when it's finished repairing.