Chapter 38: The Agency

I woke up. Beside me is my wife hugging my waist. She holds me tighter.

My Holo vibrated on my head. It tickles. Somebody is calling me.

"Hello, who is this?" I questioned.

"Agent BLUE, you have been recently activated by Agent ECHO. Go to the waypoint on your HUD." a female voice commanded.

  A bright white dot appeared at the northwest side of my HUD. The white dot indicated that I was 568 meters away from the place where the bright white dot was pointing. That place is surrounded by tall buildings and bridges.

"You have only 1 hour and 30 minutes." the female voice in the Holo added.

"Who is this?!" I shouted, feeling annoyed and stressed. I realized that the unknown person hung up.

  I have no choice.

  "What you mean that you have no choice?" The voice pestered.

I'm really going insane, am I?

"Not yet." The voice mockingly reassured me.

   I touched the wall. A screen made of light projected from a corner of the wall.

I typed a note on the screen.

"Honey, sorry I left you while you are asleep. I got work to do.
I will be back."

   I got up out of the bed. She looks cute when she is snoring from her nose. I kissed her in the cheeks. I changed my clothes and I ran downstairs. I opened the door to the outside of the door.

   I lightly touch the doors of our black hover-car. The doors opened. I got inside the car. The gates opened automatically. I drove out of the house. I set the hover-car to auto-pilot mode. I set the car to follow the waypoint on my Holo's HUD.

  We drove outside the gate of the subdivision dome,then I drove through the streets alone.

I drove through the streets, I passed many buildings. I drove on many bridges. I stopped on some dead ends.

Why I'm following the waypoint?

"Dunno, what's up with you?"the voice rhetorically asked.

245m

231m

223m

210m

  I'm getting close. I hope it is worth it.

"I'm sure that it is not." The voice in my head pestered. Maybe I should go to a psychiatrist soon.

150m

130m

125m

110m

100m

  On the 100m mark, I arrived at one of the few slums in the city. I drove, swerving kids playing on the trash littered streets and men playing basketball on the streets. The streets are surrounded by trash, makeshift stalls, makeshift houses and dilapidated buildings.

  I saw men in dirty clothes break in a wooden house. Then they stole a old television.

  I cant do anything about it, even if there is almost no cops here. Its not my business anyway.