Chapter 27: The Fortress

We arrived at our destination, at our main base of operations, in the Philippine Special Administrative State, the former country of China.

    I looked through the window.Our main base of operations is heavily fortified, full of walls with barbed wire , anti air defenses, buildings, checkpoints, guard towers, radar, laser defense systems, close integrated weapon systems, minefields, ESC's and other every possible fortifications and defenses surrounding the inside and outside of the whole base.

     A giant energy shield bubble is covering the perimeter.In the middle of the base is our headquarters, a large concrete castle-like fortress in another military complex, looms at the distance.

    In the south is our barracks, where we train our mercenaries. I notice that they are doing live fire exercises right now.

    Nimble flying drones flew beside us, scanning us, then they flew away, patrolling the base from above.

    The left side of the base is a military city surrounded by walls.Tanks and other military vehicles patrolled the city.

   To the right is our proving grounds, where we test some of our Philippinium bombs and many more destructive weapons. To the north is our intercontinental magnet-propelled missile silos, for when the inevitable happens.

   This is the Sons Of War's most well defended base.

The Fortress.

   Then we flew to the military city. Then, the wings of the plane rotated horizontally, including the low-energy turbo-thrust jet propeller on the edge of the wings. The hover-plane hovered above the base's airport and we descended slowly to the airfield.

  The sleeping mercenaries woke up and packed their bags. My brother and stepbrother did the same. So did I.

   We walked out of the hover-plane's cargo bay. We walked to the airport's building.

    The inside is full of shops and gift stores and gift shops. But, our attention turned towards the restroom, so we ran to the restroom and we relieve ourselves in the toilets.

    After that, we walked amidst the stores, restaurants and gift shops surrounding us.

  We walked past a donut shop.

"So.. Guys, do you want donuts for breakfast?" my brother asked.

"Sure, Why not?" the one of the mercenaries answered, like nothing happened.

"Sure." I said, yawning after.

"Me too!" one of the mercenaries shouted.

"Me three!" my stepbrother shouted.

   Then we bought donuts and coffee in the donut shop.

   Then we got out of the airport building. I saw the city area of the base.

   Much have changed since I first came here, when I accepted this job. The citizens here are actually family members or friends of the mercenaries and other employees here.

   I wish I can bring my wife here and my unborn baby here.

Wait.

   Its been a year since I've seen her. Maybe our baby has been born already.I wish I can see the baby, either boy or girl.

I wish I can see her again.

    At least I'm back in my homeland, or at least a overseas special administrative part of it.

    Mercenary police patrolled the streets with their land attack-hover craft, skimming above the road.

   A person is calling us, holding a VIP sign beside a hover-van.

   This must be very important.

    Then, we got inside, and the van floated in midair. We ate our donuts in the van. The person calling us is our driver.

    Even after a year working here, I still cant believe how big is this place. Even if the company is bankrupt, our influence is huge, spanning across other companies.

    Even the biggest companies have a partnership in our company, like the biggest international distributor and provider of Holo-type devices in the world, Prism, or the most biggest provider of manpower,service robots and equipment in the world, Sibyl Industries and Manpower, and many more.

     We have also many branches, like our weapons production and distribution branch, Athena Arms, or our industrial branch, Vulcan Industries.

   But we are only in second place in the field of the most powerful private military companies in the world.

   The first place in the field of the most powerful military company in the world belongs to our rival,RavenClaw.

    They are so powerful, that the Global Alliance, who bombarded us with sanctions, cant even put a single minor sanction on them, even if they are active in illegal activities and numerous war crimes.

   They are so powerful, the CEO himself, Johann Walker, is one the most top five most powerful people in the world. He claims his private military company is "a force above nations."

   Thats why me, my boss, and everyone is determined to bring RavenClaw down.

   To reign supreme. No actual morally valid reason. Just a strategic business advantage against our opponents.

   They have been in the spotlight for far too long.

    Then we drove above the roads to the outside of the city. During the trip, the four mercenaries looked amazed; they looked out the window in amazement.

   I guess they have never seen the main base in person.

   We drove to the road beside the proving grounds. In the proving grounds, I saw a group of mercenaries practicing defusing a bomb. A mercenary is waving his hand to my direction.

  I recognized that he is the New Russian policeman that I've invited to work here during a previous operation.

   Then we drove past the proving grounds, headed towards the headquarters.

Vote if you like this chapter! It helps a lot!