Epilogue & Author's Note

If you are reading this, you have come to the end of The Beautiful Hummingbird Part 1.  I would like to take this opportunity to thank you so much for supporting, reading, voting and commenting on the story.  It really does mean the world to me and inspires me to continue with my writing. 

Now back to Natasha and Harry who have overcome all the odds, they are in love and together at last.  But, is love ever that simple? 

Will Natasha be able to handle life in the spotlight and all the pressure that comes with being Harry Styles girlfriend?

What exactly are the secrets of her past and how will Harry react when he finds out?

Join both of them as they embark of the next chapter of their lives together in The Beautiful Hummingbird Part 2 to be published soon on Wattpad.

In the meantime, please enjoy a little teaser below.  

The Beautiful Hummingbird Part 2 - Extract: The Seaside Edit

It is late afternoon and the beach is almost deserted. The cries of scavenging seagulls can be heard circling overhead looking for scraps left from picnics of families now long gone. I love the sound of the sea, it's calm today and small waves gently swish in then roll out again. The rhythm has such a relaxing feeling to it.

Rows of identical beach huts, all freshly painted at the beginning of the season their uniform colour pattern of cream, pale blue and olive, stretch along the sand as far as the eye can see. They are now shut up, standing in wait for the change of season and the battering winter weather to come.

As we stroll past the huts, one set of doors are open. A little string of hearts hang across the opening swaying in the breeze and spell out 'Beside the Seaside'.  An elderly couple sit side by side in the shelter of their hut in matching recliner chairs with blankets spread over their legs.  Two empty mugs and an open packet of biscuits stand on a small crumb covered table between them. She is reading a novel and he today's newspaper. I notice they hold hands in their silent pursuits. The lady has silver grey hair and the bluest eyes and glances up as we pass by bidding us "good day" and smiling.

Further along on the sand a father and his two young sons are flying a diamond shaped multi-coloured kite. It's red-ribboned tail making squiggle patterns across the sky as the kite dances from side to side and flaps in the breeze. The older boy holds tightly to the strings whilst his dad stands behind him leaning over and guiding his hands so the kite won't nose dive to the ground. The younger son is tugging at his father's sleeve desperate for his turn. I smile at the little boy and he hides shyly behind his dad's legs peeking out at me.

"Children are so special, they see everything so innocently before growing up to the reality of the world."  I state my inner thoughts out loud and at my words, Harry puts his arm around my shoulders and squeezes me tightly against him.  "Do you want to be a dad?" I question him openly.

Without hesitation he answers.  "Yeah, I'd love to be a dad one day, if I'm blessed enough to have kids. What about you?"

"Yes absolutely, I'd love to have children."  I answer honestly. 

He smiles lovingly at me and entwines his fingers through mine.

We find a secluded spot in between a break in the beach huts. Harry and I sit side by side on a tartan blanket with our backs resting against the sea wall. The sun is still high in the sky and this along with the warm breeze sweeping my hair across my face makes me feel content. The sand feels soft running between my toes.

"I met Dan just before I was 17, he was 19."

Although my eyes are closed and hidden behind sunglasses, I sense Harry glance across to me. His hand takes hold of mine and places it in his lap. I am ready to tell him and I hope he is ready to listen. We sit in silence for a few moments. This cannot be rushed, I need to tell him in my own words and in my own time but it is going to be difficult for me to say and difficult for him to hear.  His thumb gently rubs reassuring circles over mine.

"Are you sure, sure you are ready to hear this," I suddenly doubt myself.

"Yes but I don't want you to feel pressured to tell me if you're not ready, I know it's hard for you." He pulls my hand up to his lips and plants a small kiss against my fingers.

"It's ok, I need to do this for me, for you, for us, for us to be able to move on.  Bit like therapy."

"Ok Natasha, I'm listening but if it gets too much though you must stop." He glances towards me, his tone calmly reassuring. 

I begin again.  "I met Dan when I was 17 and he was 19..........