Of Cops and Writers

As Castle parked the car they both walked into the 12th, Rick always enjoyed walking into the precinct, always something new, and he looked forward to making Kate coffee everyday with his secret ingredient, which he never had told her.

They walked in to the precinct to see Espo and Ryan talking, they didn't look up when the Caskett team pasted them.

Kate walked into her office, and spoke to Castle,

"We should visit Martha and Alexis in the hamptons, sometime this week maybe?"

Rick replied with, "yeah of course, lots of fun things to see and, do? There."

"Don't get ahead of yourself Rick." Kate said as they both sat down.

"Coffee?" Rick asked,

"You know me." Kate commented.

Ryan and Espo were still talking and Kate wanted to know what about so she walked out and stood by them.

"Could be Rypo." Kevin said.

"Nah, nothing can beat Esan. Javi replied.

"What is this?" Beckett asked the two.

"We're trying to decide on a partner name." Kevin told her.

"You know how you and Castle have Caskett." Espo added.

"Because me and Castle are married, now unless you two are engaged get back to work." Kate said jokingly to them as she walked to Richard and excepted her coffee.

"How do you make it?" Kate asked him after just a sip of the warm dark liquid.

"Oh just espresso, sugar, my spin on coffee." He said making it clear he would be keeping his secret.

"Okay, Rick." She said excepting his wish. "I'll be getting to some paperwork."

"Well I'll be with the boys." Rick said as he walked off, he never did his share of paperwork but this made Kate giggle sometimes, until she realized she actually had to do the work.

Kate never seemed to be done with her paperwork, but she was content with the paper portion, her emails could wait. She walked out of her office once more and joined the boys and Rick.

"What da you think Castle?" Ryan asked him, "Ryso or Esan?" He added.

"Ah, a tale as old as time, the battle for a- what do you call it?" Castle said.

"Partner name." Espo told him, "like you and Beck have Caskett."

Kate butted in to the conversation, "we've been told." She commented, "Caskett is our thing." Kate said looking at Castle. "Just go with the boys for your partner name. Rolls of the tongue  and besides, it's what everybody calls you already."

Ryan and Esposito seemed to read each other's minds because they ended the topic and switched to precinct work.

"I might head off to the PI life, Richard Castle Investigation, nothing like it." Richard said as he kissed Kate on the cheek, high-fived the boys and headed out.

Kate thought to herself how funny it was to see him do paperwork for his PI work, and never for the precinct, she decided to read her emails off her phone and sit at her old desk while Ryan and Espo talked.

Summer movie event one read, she was done with work emails, or rather didn't have the patience for them now so she was on her normal one.

Kate hadn't had a murder case in weeks, odd for New York, no homicides. So she headed to Rick's office and knew the boys would call her if anything happened.

She picked up her keys out of her purse and opened her car door. She touched the shiny steering wheel and was shocked by the heat of it. She held her hands tightly to it in an attempt to cool it down but then surrendered to the heat and went and bought some cold water from the coffee bar, a place she so rarely visited.

Soon after that the steering wheel was content and she drove off, excited to see Rick, she decided not to call in hopes she could surprise him and see what his normal day looked like.

Before she got there she heard another cars radio, blasting pop music as loud as the speakers could take. She wasn't in any position to tell the four kids in the car to tune it down, until she saw that the driver couldn't be older that thirteen. The three other passengers perhaps eleven to thirteen.

She stepped out of her car for a moment, traffic was on her side now, at a halt.

"Hey." She said as she knocked on the window of the passenger.

"Oh fuck! It's a cop!" The passenger yelled to his friends.

"What the hell?!" A girl in the back screamed.

"I knew this was a bad idea!" The other backseat passenger said.

The driver stayed silent, but Kate could tell he was just staring at the light and the traffic, praying it would sped up.

The cars shifted and before long Kate was left in the dust, or rather, the exhaust.

She reached for her phone to call in her recent viewing.

"Yeah, hey Kev." She said when she heard a familiar voice pick up. "I've got about four kids in a silver ford RS200."

"Kids?" Ryan replied, questioning the age.

"Yes, maybe fourteen oldest."

"Alright, on it." Kevin replied, Beckett continued driving as she didn't know if it would be right to stop in traffic.

To her luck Beckett saw the sports car again and this time the music was a little lower, but not much.

The children couldn't see her but when one went to take a selfie in the side mirror he saw Kate's car, and tapped the drivers shoulder which got the boy to cruise though a red light.

"Damn." Beckett whispered to herself as she followed the quad squad.

Before long she saw Ryan and Espo car in the distance, she tried to signal them but though she had failed, until she saw her buddies lights go on as they pressed further.

Kate didn't realize it until they passed a Starbucks but the two boys and two girls in the car ahead were heading the route you'd take for Castles office.

Hope you are enjoying my book! I want or say that I don't own any part of of CASTLE I'm just a fan. I will add more chapters to this book soon and please check out my works or reading lists!