Meant to Be

Kate didn't want to sit in silence even though it was a good silence, both lost in their own thoughts.

"Do you have a doctor in mind?" Kate asked Rick,

"Yeah, I read about Dr. Elisk."

"Okay." She said, Kate decided to look up this doctor when they got to the Hamptons but for the rest of the car ride she would just enjoy their victory.

Kate watched as the clouds were turned from white to yellow then to orange, and the sun began to go into a slumber.

"Are we there yet?!" Rick asked in a yawn.

"Half an hour more." She replied to him,

Kate POV
The sky is beautiful, so is Rick, to be honest I've wanted a baby for quite a while, and now I'm so glad we are both ready, there is never a perfect time but why would I want to let my work interfere when I've wanted this for so long?

Rick POV
This is wonderful for us, it really is, we are finally together and well, and now we can have a new addition, I really can't wait to tell mother and Alexis, it makes this drive almost worth it, seriously it been like four hours!

Rick and Kate locked lips when they found a bit of traffic, Kate put one hand around Castle and the other kept to the wheel.

Rick joked around with her and honked the horn mid kiss, this made her break the kiss to pinch his cheek, then she kissed him again.

Traffic eased and the kiss broke, Rick left speechless at how their tongues collided.

After that it wasn't long until they arrived at the house, and Alexis was outside in a lawn chair next to Martha who was reading a magazine.

"Hey!" Rick yelled as he got out of the car.

"Richard!" Martha yelled, "Dad!" Alexis called out.

The two girls hugged Rick and when Kate stepped out of the car they went to greet her, with hellos and hugs.

"Mom." Alexis said and Kate turned to her with a smile,

"Yeah lex?" She asked with her hand around Rick's.

Alexis nodded her head and signaled to Kate it should be discussed at a later time, so Rick went to get the bags not really understanding what this was.

Kate helped with a few bags and Martha a few more, but Rick did most of the lifting and when he was done had a little bit of sweat that Kate wiped off.

"Should we order a pizza for our first night?" Rick asked as he poured a glass of water.

"I'm down." Kate said and Alexis nodded while Martha said to them, "just not mushrooms."

Rick smiled in agreement as he sat on the counter and Alexis pulled up a stool to sit on, Kate was looking around her bag for her shampoos to unload in the bathroom.

Rick drank the last of his water and opened a drawer to find a small note pad and took a magnet pen off the fridge,

"What do you want on your pizza?!!" He shouted to the crew.

Martha said she wanted cheese, basil, and the pizza to be margarita style.

Alexis wanted Canadian bacon and pineapple on thin crust.

And Kate and Rick shared a medium pepperoni pizza.

"Okay I'll call the pizza guy anything else?" Rick asked as he looked up the number on his phone.