Chapter Twenty-Six

3rd person, CHB

Every demigod on the battlefield closed their eyes as a blinding light burst from where the three that some had heard chanting stood. The entire field went silent for a few seconds, all fighting ceased.

Slowly, one by one, everyone opened their eyes, looking around at the field that was now empty of all monsters. The few traitor demigods were still there, but they all seemed passed out.

All eyes went towards where the light came from.

The last spot where the three warriors had been seen.

All that could be seen was a medium sized, flat stone in the ground, that had a small bit of dirt in the middle. On the dirt was a multicolored flower that had never been seen before nor had ever been there before.

Three figures suddenly flashed in.

One, a tall, normally proud woman with black hair and grey eyes. Athena, mother of Annabeth Chase.

Another, a tall man with slick black hair and sea green eyes. Poseidon, father of Perseus Jackson.

One more man stood in front and between them with dark black hair that, in the sun's light, looked like it was tinted blue, whose eyes looked like they had galaxies in them. Chaos, father of Amarilina.

All three fell to their knees in front of the stone, tears already falling for their children.

A sadness swept over the demigods as they realized what had happened.

The three warriors had sacrificed themselves to save the campers.

It was something the campers never forgot.