Chapter Nine

Camp Half-Blood, Percy's POV

Impossible. Just, impossible.

I had seen him die with my own eyes. How could he be alive?

I thought it over, everything that related to him between his death and now. The fact that Chaos "couldn't retrieve him from the death" suddenly popped up, and I realized what it meant.

The dragon, which I knew was named Festus, landed, and the guy jumped off, looking disappointed. Someone pushed past us, and I suddenly realized who she was, though last I had checked she was on Ogygia. Calypso.

"Leo!" She yelled cheerfully, jumping at him as he opened his arms for an embrace. They shared a few words, me still just standing there, gaping. Finally, someone I recognized walked forward.

"Anything?" Nico asked, looking upset. Leo just looked down, shaking his head.

"What's going on?" Amelia, who was standing next to me, asked the nearest camper.

"Ever since Leo came back to life, he's been searching for Percy. Same as Nico, but he's been in the Underworld. Since Nico hasn't found him yet, Leo is sure he is alive somehow." The camper responded. Nico and Leo talked a bit before the campers dispersed, leaving our group behind.

"Who are you guys?" Leo asked, seeing us. I, of course, just stood there, still slightly gaping until Amelia put her hand to my chin, closing my mouth and making me slightly embarrassed.

"Wavie, how many times do I have to tell you to keep that mouth closed?" She asked. I sent her a quick glare, making her roll her eyes. "We are part of the Chaos army, and are here because there is a universal threat that is currently on earth." She told Leo.

"And we don't know about this until now because...?" He asked. I noticed that he was looking at me a bit suspiciously. Styx, he better not see through my mask at who I really am.

"Because we just arrived yesterday." ë answered. Gods, I'm lucky everyone was answering for me.

"Oh, okay then. Are we allowed to know what it is?" He asked. Me, Luke, and Amelia looked at each other.

"Should we tell them?" I asked in Chaosish. Yeah, I might have been forced to learn it after all those years on Planet Chaos.

"No, we need to keep it under wraps for right now. If they knew the threat, they would freak." Luke replied in the same language.

"Okay, let's just say that the threat has not yet been revealed." Amelia said. We all nodded and looked at Leo and Nico again.

"None of us have had the reason revealed to us yet, we are still waiting for information from Chaos." I told them in a monotone voice. I hoped they didn't recognize it.

"Alright. Well Festus needs some repairs, so I'm going to go." Leo said, waving at Festus to follow him. I watched as he left, and pretty much sighed in relief. Of course, I forgot Nico was still there.

"What was that about?" Nico asked, looking at me, confused.

"What was what about?" Amelia asked. Thanks the gods, I would have at least stuttered a bit, or at least acted nervous.

"He sighed as if he was happy Leo left." Nico told her, nodding towards me.

"Sometimes he gets nervous when talking to people, just him being the crazy Wavestorm." She told him, smirking as I gave her a playful punch.

"Oh, okay." Nico replied, looking away. I suddenly realized that my cousin had been hoping that I am me. Guilt tugged at my stomach, but I decided not to tell him. Not yet, anyway.